is there a Service Bulleting for faulty Cam Phasers yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it still an issue with new trucks or has it been addressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan096

Reaction score
Apparently there is updated phasers,but our 'Parts professionals' tell us techs there is no difference other than part numbers. They were told to use all old part number until all are out of stock before using new number.Just started using new number last week. My job is to install the parts they give me,not check part numbers, hopefully there is a difference in part.Im a 36 year Ford Senior Master Tec that mainly does engine work and hope that my parts people give me the right part because that is there job!!!! Sorry if I misinformed someone because I was..Today 2 more came in today for phasers ,ill see if they get new part numbers......

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apparently there is updated phasers,but our 'Parts professionals' tell us techs there is no difference other than part numbers. They were told to use all old part number until all are out of stock before using new number.Just started using new number last week. My job is to install the parts they give me,not check part numbers, hopefully there is a difference in part.Im a 36 year Ford Senior Master Tec that mainly does engine work and hope that my parts people give me the right part because that is there job!!!! Sorry if I misinformed someone because I was..Today 2 more came in today for phasers ,ill see if they get new part numbers......

I use the term "parts professionals" loosely. Ryan at RMB Performance disassembled the original and revised (CD) phasers to show the internal revisions. Per the TSB released June 5th, only the CD level parts should be used. If parts is billing out the old parts, the claim should get kicked by warranty.

Dan096

Reaction score
I think i might have caught our parts charging out old part number as new number to deplete old stock. Asked them to show me part return boxes to compare numbers but was told they were all scrapped. Wouldn't put it past them because it's all about money! I guess ill have to pay more attention to part numbers for now on, I know I would be pissed If I found out I had old phasers installed! I have to get out of this business, doing it to long..

SVTLuke

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace all 4 phasers? I’m looking at a 2017 that is out of warranty and wondering what this would cost if the issue were to arise.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace all 4 phasers? I’m looking at a 2017 that is out of warranty and wondering what this would cost if the issue were to arise.
If it’s from a Ford dealer, you can ask them to run the vin and see if it was done already in the service history and see if the cam part that ends in CD were installed.

SVTLuke

Reaction score
If it’s from a Ford dealer, you can ask them to run the vin and see if it was done already in the service history and see if the cam part that ends in CD were installed.

I’ll give that a shot. It’s at a dealer now getting serviced. I’ll also ask for a quote and report back.

I've heard 4k.

Good lord. I wonder if any indie shops have performed this work. I just finished bulletproofing the variable cam timing on my e46 M3. Surely this can’t be that difficult.