is there a Service Bulleting for faulty Cam Phasers yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Mine doesnt have a rattle noise but I just got an check engine light yesterday. Took it to the dealership and was told it said something about a cam shaft and B positioning. :( guess ill find out Monday since they said they couldn't to anything till then.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken one In yet for phaser replacement that has an aftermarket intercooler? Down pipes?

Last edited:

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, new service parts were released late summer/early fall of 2019. Updated parts were in production 07/18.

Shew...my build date was April 2019. I reckon mine has the new parts. So far, my truck has had zero issues with anything. Thanks for the info.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the worst case scenario on the cam phasers beyond noise at startup? I had my truck in a couple months ago for yearly rotation/oil and the dealership said nothing about them, but some raptor guys said it sounded like mine were on their way out.

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the worst case scenario on the cam phasers beyond noise at startup? I had my truck in a couple months ago for yearly rotation/oil and the dealership said nothing about them, but some raptor guys said it sounded like mine were on their way out.
There was a user here who posted a video of what happens if you don't address phasers. The engine will get out of time and will not be able to get itself back into time. Best to have the dealer replace, or document the problem for when you have to have them replaced.

Raptorrunner

Reaction score
Dropped the raptor off at the dealership. Definitely cam phasers but these other issues. Does it relate? e4b8c3db2551c940447a5688d4655d99.jpg5dd7b37b8562d50a7bcdc85a5592cdb8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk