Is Stelantis out performing Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
So I just got back from picking up my wife's 19' Ram 2500 from service. So as always I peeked at what Ram has to offer. The first thing I noticed was no shortage of vehicles. They had 10 total TRX's and a variety of other Ram models. What they were out of were 2500 Diesel's. No shortage of Jeeps or any other models. They were well stocked.

It made me wonder, is Ram (Stelantis) out performing Ford? How is this dealer able to allocate so many TRX's? Gas Prices slowing down their sales? Maybe they have better part and "chip" suppliers? By the way they had a laughable 50K mark up.

What's everyone's take on this? Not one local Ford dealer of mine has a Raptor and not many F150's.

Attachments

• IMG_0956.JPG
    IMG_0956.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 80

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford dealer I drive by every morning was barren for the last 2 months.

As of a week and a half ago, the lot is about 80% full. F150s, Bronco Sport, Escape

I don’t know what to make of it

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just got back from picking up my wife's 19' Ram 2500 from service. So as always I peeked at what Ram has to offer. The first thing I noticed was no shortage of vehicles. They had 10 total TRX's and a variety of other Ram models. What they were out of were 2500 Diesel's. No shortage of Jeeps or any other models. They were well stocked.

It made me wonder, is Ram (Stelantis) out performing Ford? How is this dealer able to allocate so many TRX's? Gas Prices slowing down their sales? Maybe they have better part and "chip" suppliers? By the way they had a laughable 50K mark up.

What's everyone's take on this? Not one local Ford dealer of mine has a Raptor and not many F150's.
I haven't seen a TRX or a Gen3 Raptor on the dealer lots around here. I've only seen 3 TRXs and 2 Gen3 Raptors on the road. They are both scarce in this neck of the woods.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong but i think the rams are not offering such high end features as a rap. So less chips etc. quality over quantity?

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score

'Out performing' is a bit vague, but in terms of over all sales, the answer is no.
What I'm trying to say is they are getting vehicles to the dealerships. We constantly see how people are waiting for their Gen 3's, Bronco's, SD's and they can't be traced. Seems like these guys are well stocked and in contrast both of my Ford dealerships are pushing mostly used vehicles because of low inventory. It could be price of fuel, better selling vehicles, etc.,