Is Stelantis out performing Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, but I'll say this her Ram has been solid. I wanted her to get a F250, but the interior of the Ram sealed the deal. I was skeptical about buying a Ram, but after 37K it has been bullet proof.
I would expect ANY vehicle to go 37k miles with nothing but 3 oil changes and tire rotations. From the cheapest Kia to a high end brand of your choice.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I just got back from picking up my wife's 19' Ram 2500 from service. So as always I peeked at what Ram has to offer. The first thing I noticed was no shortage of vehicles. They had 10 total TRX's and a variety of other Ram models. What they were out of were 2500 Diesel's. No shortage of Jeeps or any other models. They were well stocked.

It made me wonder, is Ram (Stelantis) out performing Ford? How is this dealer able to allocate so many TRX's? Gas Prices slowing down their sales? Maybe they have better part and "chip" suppliers? By the way they had a laughable 50K mark up.

What's everyone's take on this? Not one local Ford dealer of mine has a Raptor and not many F150's.
What dealer had 10 TRX units

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't have "allocations" on TRX like a Raptor does at Ford... I think Granger has sold 500 TRXs over the year

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I would expect ANY vehicle to go 37k miles with nothing but 3 oil changes and tire rotations. From the cheapest Kia to a high end brand of your choice.
Ok they're going to replace a grab handle that's coming off. It's only been in for oil changes and tire rotations. They performed some recall's, but it's been in and out. No downtime. I guess we got lucky.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I just looked at the web site. They have one.... Price is not listed you have to call it only shows MSRP. You need to look a little closer. You may be thinking the Rebel's they have (8) are TRX's.....
I posted a picture of them. As much as they look a like, they are TRX's though. 8 there and another 2 by the entrance to service and another on corner of the lot. 11 is what I counted.

Last edited:

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve ordered two Ford Explorer ST’s in the last year for my mother and my wife first one was in 4 months later my wife’s we ordered 3 weeks ago and looking at 3-5 months they don’t sit on the lot at all, it arrives and is gone, which is what I think is happening most of the time with the production of these new vehicles. Not sure about how many TRX’s or dodge trucks are sitting on a lot the bigger question would be which manufacture is selling more of a similar vehicle? Not who has the most vehicles on the lot. It still doesn’t change the fact that why we buy and keep buying these types of trucks comes down to performance and looks! The Raptor wether it’s a first Gen, Gen 2 or Gen 3 still I believe looks better than comparable trucks at the time they were launched and even now! Yes do I sometimes wish my 18 Gen 2 had that deep V8 growl absolutely but the performance is top notch! Do I wish mine had some of the new tech the Gen 3 has yes sir but I would take any three of the Gen’s over the TRX. Just my 2 cents!