Is Stelantis out performing Ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Correct me if im wrong but i think the rams are not offering such high end features as a rap. So less chips etc. quality over quantity?
It could be, no over the air updates, generators, blue cruise. Fuel prices aren't helping the TRX, much less the 50K adm. However the dealerships had plenty of 1500's in different trim levels, including all of the other Mopar offerings.

OP
OP
OEMPlus Raptor

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
and you’re wondering why they have so much stock on hand, why, exactly?
I know that's a huge reason as well as fuel prices. However the lot was well stocked with everything. Except for 2500's. Plenty of Jeeps, 1500's and whatever else they make. My Ford dealership has a few Bronco sports, few F150's and a bunch used cars. So not sure why but Ram is getting the trucks to the dealers around here.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None of the big 3 or Toyota dealers around here have much inventory for new trucks. The nearest Ford dealer has one 22 F150 and no Super Duties. Their sister (Ram) dealer across the street has one 2021 Ram 1500 and 3 2022 Ram 2500s. Neither of the half tons are very desirable. When something nice does show up it sells almost instantly.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know that's a huge reason as well as fuel prices. However the lot was well stocked with everything. Except for 2500's. Plenty of Jeeps, 1500's and whatever else they make. My Ford dealership has a few Bronco sports, few F150's and a bunch used cars. So not sure why but Ram is getting the trucks to the dealers around here.

I’ll bet the stealership is ADM-ing everything, not just the TRX and again that would conveniently explain why they’re stocked full. They also may be buying up other dealer vehicles as Ford stealerships did for 2017 Raptors. A not insignificant amount of MSRP or under 2017 trucks were bought from those dealers and brokered to other stealerships to sell at markup prices.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sales…. If you think about Ford and Stellantis pumping out equal amount of product (I don’t have actual numbers) but there are just less demand for their products. Hence, sitting on the lot.

CodeOrangeGen3

Reaction score
So I just got back from picking up my wife's 19' Ram 2500 from service. So as always I peeked at what Ram has to offer. The first thing I noticed was no shortage of vehicles. They had 10 total TRX's and a variety of other Ram models. What they were out of were 2500 Diesel's. No shortage of Jeeps or any other models. They were well stocked.

It made me wonder, is Ram (Stelantis) out performing Ford? How is this dealer able to allocate so many TRX's? Gas Prices slowing down their sales? Maybe they have better part and "chip" suppliers? By the way they had a laughable 50K mark up.

What's everyone's take on this? Not one local Ford dealer of mine has a Raptor and not many F150's.
Casue no one wants them :p

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is they are getting vehicles to the dealerships. We constantly see how people are waiting for their Gen 3's, Bronco's, SD's and they can't be traced. Seems like these guys are well stocked and in contrast both of my Ford dealerships are pushing mostly used vehicles because of low inventory. It could be price of fuel, better selling vehicles, etc.,
Ford is basically selling all their vehicles before they hit the lot. A dealer I know said 80% of all his incoming vehicles were spec orders from customers. The remaining 20% being stock orders and they usually have those sold before they hit the ground. Spec orders from customers receive exponentially higher priority than dealer stock units.