GEN 2 Is it me or are prices crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, don't you live in one of those big homes at PGA West?

Denvertaco07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening fellas so I’m currently in the market for a 2020 raptor lead foot screw with an 802a package... I live in Southern California and I’ve gone to 1 dealership in Carlsbad 1 in Hemet and corresponded through email with 2 near Los Angeles... All of these dealerships will only down to msrp which they have listed as $72550 after tax title and license I’m looking at paying close to 80k otd for the truck which after reading the thread sounds crazy...

The sticker on the truck is:
Base price: $56,190
Total options: $14765

total vehicle plus options: $70,995
Destination and delivery: $1,595

msrp: $72550

What would the invoice price for this truck be and how would I calculate that total and what do you guys think is a fair price for this truck

Invoice I'd guess is around 66K based on that MSRP. Shop around out of state, fly out, drive home and save 5 or 6K.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since it seems likely that there won't be a a 2021 model Raptor, and production slowed in general, I can see more dealers willing to hold on to their Raptors till they can get a buyer at MSRP. Or maybe I'm just reading this all wrong.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the local dealers asking these days? I live in Rancho Mirage and back in '17 when I was shopping for a Raptor they wanted $20K over sticker and wouldn't budge. Ended up buying a truck out of Arkansas and had it shipped.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I realize they got a direct quote from a Ford Manager, but it could definitely be a misquote or a misspeak.

Perhaps what is meant is that Ford isn't going to wait a full model year before release a new a Raptor, that it will come out next Spring or something. It would make sense for them to wait to announce that when the TRX is unveiled to steal some thunder. Also makes sense to help clear some of the existing inventory and let hype build a bit without letting the TRX run without competition for a full year.

EastEndAngler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my 2020 Screw and had it shipped. No one locally (Long Island, NY) wanted to budge more than $1k off MSRP on 2020's, a little more to be had on 2019s. With one dealer the truck actually got more expensive when I called back, and the salesmen basically said he'd just wait for a buyer at MSRP. Add to the fact that I was also being low balled on my trade in, it was obvious I'd be going out of state. Keep in mind, this was the middle of May. I ended up going on eBayMotors and finding the truck I wanted. MSRP at $73,410, a few phone calls got me down to $69k and a very fair trade in value. My deal was on paper 5/31/20 , so none of the speculation about 2021 production had started.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's because you are in .CA man, we have that problem where ppl have more money than brains. All the dealerships in norcal are anywhere between 5-15k ADM and i dont think it will change because ppl are still buying them.

If I were you I would look out of state and just have it shipped to you. I bit the bullet and over paid ( 3k off msrp) for my raptor because I do business with that particular dealership.

The best part is when you get it you can sell it in California for much higher than you would in any other state