GEN 2 Is it me or are prices crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frado760

Reaction score
Good evening fellas so I’m currently in the market for a 2020 raptor lead foot screw with an 802a package... I live in Southern California and I’ve gone to 1 dealership in Carlsbad 1 in Hemet and corresponded through email with 2 near Los Angeles... All of these dealerships will only down to msrp which they have listed as $72550 after tax title and license I’m looking at paying close to 80k otd for the truck which after reading the thread sounds crazy...

The sticker on the truck is:
Base price: $56,190
Total options: $14765

total vehicle plus options: $70,995
Destination and delivery: $1,595

msrp: $72550

What would the invoice price for this truck be and how would I calculate that total and what do you guys think is a fair price for this truck

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they are all over priced for what they are, the lowest I have seen in my area for that msrp is around 66ish grand. That is 6 k off, still high but a discount. You should be able to find 17s and 18s with those options and low low miles for around 50-55 grand. That is if you don't mind buying used or a demo.

Good luck

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening fellas so I’m currently in the market for a 2020 raptor lead foot screw with an 802a package... I live in Southern California and I’ve gone to 1 dealership in Carlsbad 1 in Hemet and corresponded through email with 2 near Los Angeles... All of these dealerships will only down to msrp which they have listed as $72550 after tax title and license I’m looking at paying close to 80k otd for the truck which after reading the thread sounds crazy...

The sticker on the truck is:
Base price: $56,190
Total options: $14765

total vehicle plus options: $70,995
Destination and delivery: $1,595

msrp: $72550

What would the invoice price for this truck be and how would I calculate that total and what do you guys think is a fair price for this truck
Must be because you are in the SOCAL area. Different parts of the country see different deals. In VA I was looking to order a 2019 and could have at invoice. They offered me one on the lot at 1k under invoice. That same dealer currently has 5 raptors on lot that have been there for at least a month or two.

I’m sure they are in higher demand in the areas you can actually use them in the desert as they were intended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those prices are crazy as hell. that's why i went used.

Maybe i'm lucky and just found a great condition loaded example from a car lover.

Take a look at the used market. if you can get past a few miles already on it then you can
save a shit ton of money on a vehicle that has had minor changes since 17.

shit man. when I drive down the street not a soul can tell that mine is not brand new. not unless you live and breath raptors. And I don't care anyhow.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Socal still has crazy prices because there is too much money in the area and people don't care.

Look in the midwest, have a road trip home, and save yourself $7K (could even ship it and still save a lot). Or buy one in socal at near msrp so the next guy can complain about why raptors are still so expensive in CA.

In VA I was looking to order a 2019 and could have at invoice. They offered me one on the lot at 1k under invoice.

Northern VA was definitely one of the last holdouts with regards to ADMs on the east coast. Even 2019s had ADMs. Good to see dealers are coming to their senses now.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course how many options will matter BUT invoice (prince under sticker) will vary from anywhere from 4-5K ... again this will depend on how many options is on the truck.

I purchased my GEN1 and GEN2 at invoice. I would not pay over invoice. Any savings will go towards aftermarket upgrades. :)

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Invoice on the 802A Scab I ordered recently is $62022 to an MSRP of $66445. Check Autotrader, there are hundreds of 802A Screws around the country below MSRP.

With the likely gap in availability of a 2021 or later model I think we’re going to see dealerships raise prices on the diminishing supply, so if I were you I’d but soon.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Socal still has crazy prices because there is too much money in the area and people don't care.

Look in the midwest, have a road trip home, and save yourself $7K (could even ship it and still save a lot). Or buy one in socal at near msrp so the next guy can complain about why raptors are still so expensive in CA.

We’ve passed a law preventing California buyers from purchasing east of the Mississippi. So no go.

Keep your tax dollars in California !

Northern VA was definitely one of the last holdouts with regards to ADMs on the east coast. Even 2019s had ADMs. Good to see dealers are coming to their senses now.

Especially so. Some of these guys were mistakenly thinking they were selling a Lambo or something.

I’ve not heard of anyone local doing invoice pricing though. I’d love hear some more details.