Initial Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's probably due to his Gen2 having some miles on it. Even 20k on suspension vs brand new is a noticeable difference. People forget what their vehicle USED to feel like new
LOL Mine is starting to squeak like a bed in a hoorhouse ...

koyojo

Reaction score
So mine came today. Same as OP. 800A Leadfoot. Came from a 19 Gen2 800A.

75mi on it so far. Initial impressions. Overall huge upgrade. Interior is so nice. All surfaces seem to have improved materials. Instrument cluster has great graphics and visuals. (Miss my cloth seats but heat and cooling seems like a good trade off)

Gen2 seemed faster. Not sure if heavier truck. I am sure dealer did not put premium in it and not broken in. Too many factors for now for final judgement.

Suspension is fantastic on road. Just wished it remembered my setting after I got out of the truck. Slightly softer and more compliant than the gen2. Hopefully mob it off road this weekend.

Exhaust much improved. My neighbor said this one has some balls. That said it is no supercharger whine of the trx. But truck rides better than a trx. You really notice the extra weight in the trx when slowing down.

Paddle shifters are useful. Now when you click minus it goes to the next gear down not just 1-9.

Fog light seems to be the same. Aux1 and fog light. Need to get one set moved to reverse lights and have a bright aftermarket set put in aux1.

For those waiting, seems well worth the wait.

Last edited:

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score

75mi on it so far. Initial impressions. Overall huge upgrade. Interior is so nice. All surfaces seem to have improved materials. Instrument cluster has great graphics and visuals. (Miss my cloth seats but heat and cooling seems like a good trade off)

Gen2 seemed faster. Not sure if heavier truck. I am sure dealer did not put premium in it and not broken in. Too many factors for now for final judgement.

Suspension is fantastic on road. Just wished it remembered my setting after I got out of the truck. Slightly softer and more compliant than the gen2. Hopefully mob it off road this weekend.

Exhaust much improved. My neighbor said this one has some balls. That said it is no supercharger whine of the trx. But truck rides better than a trx. You really notice the extra weight in the trx when slowing down.

Paddle shifts are useful. Now when you click minus it goes to the next gear down not just 1-9.

Fog light seems to be the same. Aux1 and fog light. Need to get one set moved to reverse lights and have a bright aftermarket set put in aux1.

Let’s see pics or you just took delivery of a Prius and your real name is Tom

Attachments

• 8EA97DFF-83F0-41C6-ACA7-6EFC94EBFC92.jpeg
    8EA97DFF-83F0-41C6-ACA7-6EFC94EBFC92.jpeg
    706.3 KB · Views: 6

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Paddle shifts are useful. Now when you click minus it goes to the next gear down not just 1-9.

Pics or it never came…LOL

HOLESHOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
koyojo - i see you ordered the 2021 Raptor with the 800a pkg. Were you able to order just the torsen pkg to get the fog lights or do you have other items that must be added to recive the fog lights.
thanks