In the current market, what is the best upgraded head unit for a 2010 with Nav?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoutaccountant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As stated I have a 2010 with Nav. I want to upgrade the radio itself because sync1 is so outdated. I looked into it and there is a Maestro kit. Any there any bezels that match the factory bezel pattern or can I retrofit a standard doubledin in place of the factory unit?

jackjare9455

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there... I was looking into a sync 2 to 3 upgrade, and I found a 12inch screen that is android OS that has custom software to make it work with your truck. It looked interesting, although outside of what I really wanted to do. It had the custom bezel and everything included.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, check out crutchfield.com. you can plug in your vehicle info and they'll tell you what fits. i have a 2011 with nav and was able to get car play and it looks stock. All the steering wheel controls work as well.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics?
here ya go. It's a kenwood excelon DMX9707s with the Idata Link Kit FOR1 and Idata link ADS MRR kits. You do have to do a little trimming behind the das to get it to fit but it was pretty simple. Again, crutchfield has links to all the gear as well as really good install videos.
IMG_6370.jpeg
IMG_6371.jpeg

Primez

Reaction score
I’ve had this unit for a few years now. Very happy with it. My only complaint is that the wireless CarPlay seems to have a memory leak, creating a delay on audio. The screen and CarPlay remains incredibly responsive, but the audio slowly lags more and more over time. After an hour, there’s like a 3sec lag from when you press pause/skip to when the audio catches up.

I’ve heard there is an updated version of the CarPlay emulator app that fixes the issue but just haven’t gotten around to doing the update.
DD059CB7-E253-4DD7-BA80-7B3CF8D49028.jpeg