Best option for aftermarket head unit with orange interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2010 6.2 but it doesn’t have the Nav system. The sync kinda sucks and goes out sometimes and has to be reset, and I’d love to have CarPlay like I had in my 2004. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I have the orange accent interior. All the swap kits would have the whole face piece be a black plastic, and it wouldn’t look right with the rest of the truck. Also a lot of the kits come with crappy chinesium head units. Anyone have a recommendation on what to do about these 2 issues? Also, yeah I didn’t know which forum to put this in because it more pertains to the trim piece.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you looked at crutchfield.com? you can plug in your truck and they'll give you all the compatible head units and the required installation gear. I doubt you'll find an orange face plate though. You may have to find some color matched paint and do a little DIY to the trim.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pioneer/meta/maestro/paint job

metra makes a dash kit specifically for the pioneer 8in screen (other companies as well now too) maestro for the interface and use a body shop to color match

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Ok, does anyone know of a vinyl wrap that might match? I don’t want to go through trying to color match it myself and a vinyl would be much cheaper but I can’t find anything.