Im experiencing some pretty bad "interference"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In getting the remove object from seat to right now. Havent looked in to it yet though. Will do soon

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In getting the remove object from seat to right now. Havent looked in to it yet though. Will do soon Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

There's not even a straw wrapper or old French fry back there. I don't know what the **** that it. Started happening around the same time as the loud interference

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too have the remove object from passenger side. I haven't had time to have the dealer fix it. I think I saw on here someone mention that the wires under the seat can get nicked by the seat attachment hardware. I assume that's it. I'm going to take it in as it also feels like the passenger seat may be kind of loose.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
passenger seat sensor is the front passenger seat. Mine does that if the seat is all the way back and down, and the connector stretched out too far. Adjust the seat forward and slightly up and it'll fix itself

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
start checking all the ground connections.. look for a frayed wire or some place wiring has rubbed.. Secondly disconnect all the added sources you put on... Then test for the noise... I mean disconnect at the battery everything you can and isolate when you do hear it and when you don't... Lastly do you have a 3.5mm connection between the stock radio and your VHF...

I started with check all the grounds... In my shop that was the problem about 90% of the time... Passenger seat error code is probably unrelated and is a loose connector on the seat...

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I started with check all the grounds... In my shop that was the problem about 90% of the time... Passenger seat error code is probably unrelated and is a loose connector on the seat...

Is it ok for me to use a single self tapping metal screw for all ground connections? If not, where are you guys grounding to?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ground loop sounds like. scraped down to metal at ground attachment point and use better fastener.
and you could have bonded jumper to negative on battery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok here is an update

I used a new grounding point in my engine bay. I used all new 10 gauge wires and weather resistant terminals. I also checked the wires EXITING from the light housing units. All wires are intact. I have checked every single wire related to my lights and it's not it.

My Icom has never acted up and it's grounded and powered directly to the battery so we know that's good

All I can think of us my seat error. It does sound like there's some random humming and buzzing coming from my passenger seat and there may be a frayed wired. That's all I've got now.

Any ideas fellas??

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

ground loop sounds like. scraped down to metal at ground attachment point and use better fastener. and you could have bonded jumper to negative on battery.

Bonded jumper to negative???? What's that mean???