Im experiencing some pretty bad "interference"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting noise on stock radio with only one of my lights. They are all grounded to the same location. Going to try a different one for this though. Anyone else had this issue?

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update

I'm still getting bad interference. Here are the facts.

Switch 1 is a 300 watt roof light bar grounded to the battery
Switch 2 is my 90 watt(each) hood mounts grounded to the battery
Switch 3 is my 20 inch bar in my bumper grounded to my battery
Switch 4 is my 10watt(each) amber fogs grounded to my battery

Icom 5021. I drilled a hole in my roof, ran the coax cable across my roof to the rear passenger door. Down near the back window. Under the rear and front passenger door sills and across the passenger footwell connect to my Icom which is drilled to my center console. Then my power cable is ran from my Icom to my firewall and through a small hole which leads to my battery. Ground and power connected to the battery.

--------------------------------------------------------

I now am getting a high pitched interference through my speakers when I am between 40-50mph. After 50mph it goes away. Then it returns at a higher, different sounding high pitched squeal between the 60-70 mph range

Taken course of action so far: rewired all my lights using proper gauge wires and male/female connectors. I've moved all grounds from the battery to the factory ground positions. Checked Icom coax and power cables for frays and kinks.

PLEASE HELP!!!! ITS GETTING ******* ANNOYING!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My money is on none of the above. Maybe its a wire that got chaffed by a sharp edge somewhere. You should let Noah tear your truck apart. I bet he could find it.

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My money is on none of the above. Maybe its a wire that got chaffed by a sharp edge somewhere. You should let Noah tear your truck apart. I bet he could find it.

When I turn my radio off, I hear a little hiss, like a zap, coming from under my passenger seat. Which lead me to get this error:

Even though there's nothing by my seat

image-2222771544.jpg

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you check all the wires under your seat? I would unbolt the seat and tip it back to get a better look. 4 bolts and a couple of plugs and you can have it out completely in a couple min.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so im being volunteered huh?

fist step would be to disconnect all you aftermarket equipment. then check for noise. if the noise is gone, then connect each item one by one checking for noise after each individual connection. also disconnect your vhf radio antenna

OP
OP
jackrook

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you check all the wires under your seat? I would unbolt the seat and tip it back to get a better look. 4 bolts and a couple of plugs and you can have it out completely in a couple min.

No I haven't done that. I'm scurred.

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't done that. I'm scurred.

My warranty is going to repair mine as soon as I have a chance to leave it at the dealer. It looks like my clunk sound is a bad rail and the remove objects warning is one of the wires underneath shorting out. If I raise the seat it goes away. Careful as there are sharp metals under the seat.