Icons worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the title says are the icon 3.0s and the rest of their setup worth it? Compared to fox or king. I know there’s a lot of brand loyalty so looking for an unbiased opinion. Ideally someone with a bunch of money who has gone through both and have an honest opinion lol cuz the raptor tax is real and the stuff isn’t cheap. But hey got to pay to play. Thanks!

OP
OP
ZackZ

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Icon RXT springs yes, the shocks, no.

Come on, Zach. Fox or ADS is the only way to go ;)
Not a king fan? I talked to the guys at ads and they sound very knowledgeable. Just hard to spend the same coin on a set of shocks that nobody has really heard of before. At least not as familiar as fox or king.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im running icons stage 4 package. I ran forged offroad built foxs with all their add ons and stage 2 valving before.

The fox's were definitely smoother at slower speeds <40. The Icons seem to just get sweeter and sweeter the faster you go and the rougher the road.

so id say it depends on what you plan to do. If you are gonna keep it on the road most of the time go with fox if you want the brand name quality and (biased) superior performance at more aggressive driving and dont mind a harder bump at slow speeds go with Icons. The customer service with icon i have had no issues with either.

Not saying fox isnt super as well but from my experience I trust the icons way more than i trusted my foxs... lots of places rebuild fox shocks. not as many to rebuild icons.....wonder why..kidding i know why its the 1:100 ratio of icon to fox rebuilds and these guys are business people $$

For me (maybe others) there absolutely is an ego when you have icons. idk maybe its just that not everyone runs them so it can set you apart just a little. or its that they can cost more (subject to the specific shock/package) so you feel better cause you paid more... kind of the same way Raptor owners feel when you pull up next to a f-150 xlt.

sorry i know you said no bias but hey the pros run both so i think bias is all that really matters here. Yeah i know digressive vs linear vs progressive pistons and valving but again even that is preference and driving style.

OP
OP
ZackZ

ZackZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. After talking with a bunch of shock gurus, I have come up with a relatively simple statement for all 3 shocks for the gen 2s. Fox will give the best on road, king will give the best off road and icon will be in the middle. All will be a huge improvement over stock IF they are properly tuned to the specific truck.