Worth it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drtibrd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those the have received a R, is it worth the lift in price?

I let go my ‘18 in anticipation of a R, had an allocation and was first on the list until the owner took it for themselves. That put me way down in the list to order at other dealers and with significant ADMs. Looking to get back in with a 37 TT order and would like insight on how the R drives (besides the HP gains) compared the the TT.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just traded 21 35 for R. Some personal feelings:
Louder exhaust even in silent mode.
Supercharge wine vs turbo weee.
Firmer/nicer interior (door panels, seats…) and ride.
Worse MPG & Range (9.8 vs 14, 430 vs 310).
Higher “vent” on the hood.
Better side and good graphics (in my opinion).
Unique pattern of carbon fiber (at least compared with my 21).
Chimes only come from gauge cluster instead of stereo.
Aggressive throttle mapping, very light foot will be enough for everyday driving (this is the first 700hp I’ve driven).

Last edited:

Andrew555

Reaction score
Currently have a 37 package Raptor, my Raptor R is coming in a couple of weeks. Really torn whether to make the switch as I love my current Raptor and use it as a daily. Cant see using the Raptor R as a daily, will need to buy another more practical car for daily use...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Currently have a 37 package Raptor, my Raptor R is coming in a couple of weeks. Really torn whether to make the switch as I love my current Raptor and use it as a daily. Cant see using the Raptor R as a daily, will need to buy another more practical car for daily use...
Keep the 37 for your daily. What, we have to tell you this? :)

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I'd daily an R in a heartbeat. I have 37 and would trade it in two seconds if I had R coming.

Now if you willing to give me your dealers name if you back out then I support your thoughts :)

Spartylamb

Reaction score
I have about 1800 miles on my R. It’s my everyday driver, I think I’ll keep it forever. I paid 10k ADM, 126 out the door. For that, I couldn’t be happier. The quiet mode is amazingly quiet, couldn’t believe it. Long trip highway drone is completely gone. It’s your call with paying that ADM, if ford only makes the 2400 or 3000 or whatever….you should be alright IMO. If the make less due to shortages

Spartylamb

Reaction score
It will be selling for much more than the ADM’s now. What does everyone else think? If you’ve got the scratch and don’t mind paying a big ADM, go for it. Is it worth it? All depends on who you ask. GL

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Sorry but anyone else think this question is completely ridiculous? Grown men can’t decide on if they should spend 100k+ on a Ford pickup truck and are asking other men if it’s “worth it”?
I think this is worse than “what color should I buy?”

It's like date night dinner choice...