ICON 3.0 Coilover, Upper Control Arm + Skid Plate installation write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bird, Blue- how many full turns on your collar when you raised the front? I did 6.

My measurements from center don't make sense based on your earlier post re measurements and stock shock equivalent (mid perch, top perch). Mine looks somewhere between top and mid.

So curious if you remember the # of full turns.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I left mine as-is out of the box on the fronts... which is about top perch height. Keep in mind, this was many months ago, and the default settings from Icon may have changed after myself and a few others reviewed them and had a few suggestions they implemented.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Bird, Blue- how many full turns on your collar when you raised the front? I did 6.

My measurements from center don't make sense based on your earlier post re measurements and stock shock equivalent (mid perch, top perch). Mine looks somewhere between top and mid.

So curious if you remember the # of full turns.

6 turns from what point? the top of the shock? I figured every turn to be about .375". So what's 6 turns about 2.25"?

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 turns from out of the box. Good point that out of box settings may have changed. My 6 turns was about 3/4" lift.

Interesting.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
6 turns from out of the box. Good point that out of box settings may have changed. My 6 turns was about 3/4" lift.

Interesting.

With the adjustment collar all the way to the top of the shock, that's about stock height. I figure I'm 5-6 turns "down" the shock and sitting a hair above mid-perch height. I might be but 1 turn down (higher) than factory settings. You sure about that? Count the # of threads exposed above the collar and I will do the same.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck on alignment rack right now. Will do a thread count and pic later today. Thanks for looking at this.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have 5 threads visible above the collar

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9 visible threads but measures 26.25 from center to flare. Hmmm.

Measuring at the front of the sidestep and the rear of the sidestep, the front of the truck is still 1/4" lower. Stock height national leafs in rear.

Guess I will let icon guys look at it in a week.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
9 visible threads but measures 26.25 from center to flare. Hmmm.

Measuring at the front of the sidestep and the rear of the sidestep, the front of the truck is still 1/4" lower. Stock height national leafs in rear.

Guess I will let icon guys look at it in a week.

Yeah that's weird. When did you get yours?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2