I need a Xanax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what happened to the original tech? If he worked for me he would be packing his shit.

Ditto. He would have been packing his shit up with an ****** immediately.

Had that happened to me I would have looked at the service manager and told him that guy is to be fired immediately as he is obviously lazy, incompetent and rude. If not I will be lodging formal complaints with district and national mangers.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow... I think you can answer that yourself... lol NO ******* WAY!!!

Agreed!!!

Not sure whats up the tech ass considering it took me a whole 5 minutes to remove the skid plate for my oil change!?!?

Hard to imagine he is still employeed after those comments he made to you while his boss was right there. I would drop an email to the General Manager/Owner and CC the Service manager in for confirmation. :peace:

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

First of all, you don't have to take off the entire skid plate to do an oil change. There's a small access panel. Second, this is why I do my own oil changes. Saves a lot of headaches and it's better to have an **** retentive person (me) do the work than some tech who doesn't give a shit because it isn't their vehicle. Bad dealerships and/or techs greatly outnumber good ones in this day and age unfortunately. If you stick with dealerships at all you'll probably want to start going over their work before you drive off.

Its actually easier to remove the entire skid plate than the access panel, IMO. Not to mention the added room of having no skid plate in the way, makes the oil change/oil filter removal much easier. :waytogo:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My advice is to file a formal complaint with the Ford Regional Service Manager, and to do your own oil changes. I take off the skid plate. The difference between taking off the skid plate and removing the inspection door is two bolts. Whoopeee. It gives you a lot of room to work in, and it's a LOT easier to see what you're doing.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats pretty ridiculous. But just another reason why I do it myself. On my fiance's 2011 5.0 I almost went to the dealer just to have them do it for warranty sake till the warranty was up, but decided I'd do it myself and just save the reciepts to document it, and man am I glad I did. The electrical connectors for the EPAS are RIGHT under the oil filter. I have to stick a plastic grocery bag over the connectors otherwise the oil would drip all over them and make a MESS for dirt and crud to build up in. I know the dealership wouldn't go to that level of effort.

I'm VERY OCD when it comes to my vehicles. I take extremely good care of them, and YES, I do carry leather wipes and armor all wipes in both my vehicles.

ah you're borderline OCD...if you were truly OCD you'd know the only place for armorall was the trash can :ROFLJest:

executor485

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah you're borderline OCD...if you were truly OCD you'd know the only place for armorall was the trash can :ROFLJest:

It's only to get the mess up quickly, and it's convenient to carry... But really, what do you use? Armorall has done me well for the plastics, leather wipes for the seats, and if it makes it to the floor... steam cleaner

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that guy is a bigger ******* than my brother in law. Beat the F'er with a crow bar. Do yourself a favor and change your own oil especially since you say you take great care of your vehicles and are particular. I think a lot of us are and do whatever work I can on my vehicles.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's only to get the mess up quickly, and it's convenient to carry... But really, what do you use? Armorall has done me well for the plastics, leather wipes for the seats, and if it makes it to the floor... steam cleaner

I use an entire arsenal of products ranging from Zaino, Black Fire Wet Diamond, Meguiars Ultimate, Adams, etc. etc. Armorall is to interiors as Nufinish is to exteriors. The cheapest grade stuff you can buy at the auto parts store. Not sure if they've changed their formula now, they probably have, but back a few years armorall was a major cause of people's dashes fading and cracking form the chemicals they use in it. You don't want a petrolium or silicone based cleaning product for the interior. Water based products like Vinylex or 303 Aerospace Protectant are the 2 best products I've (and many others) have found for interior care.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rule if thumb when dealing with people after confrontations: If THEY say they're sorry, it is workable. If they are TOLD to say they are sorry, fugetaboutit. They will just look for an opportunity to **** you over in the future. You'll end up with something sabetaged. **** that, move on (from someone who deals with asshats each and every day as a full time job)

...oh, and file EVERY complaint you can INCLUDING scheduling a meeting with the OWNER of the dealership.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
i wouldn't take it back there simply because the tech will probably do something weird like put his balls on your steering wheel

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't take it back there simply because the tech will probably do something weird like put his balls on your steering wheel

Yeah that Tech is a simple SOB. And I don't mean sweet old boy. I want to do something, but I don't want to be a vindictive *****.

Maybe they could give me one of those Mustangs for my Vette play with!

BTW - Thanks for making my evening. Now I got the picture of this pimpled face Tech with his nuts on my dash. Shit, I might be working a chub!