I need a Xanax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit I am OCD, but this takes the cake.

I know this is a problem and I did not listen to you guys:

I had my first oil change and tire rotation last week.

As I was waxing my car on Friday I noticed a puddle of oil on the ground in my garage. I checked under the truck and found so much oil on the skid plate that it had blown back onto the whole underside of the truck. Called the dealer talked, if you want to call it that, to the service manager. Brought the truck in to have them clean it up. When the Service Manager saw all the oil he thought it had to be a leak- Not.

We found the tech that changed the oil and he informed me that "so what I spilled some oil I am not taking off the "*******" skid plate for an oil change" Next the tech. pointed his finger at me a told me to **** off and deal with it. The service managers mouth opened far enough to give John Holmes a ********!

Next stop I am in the Techs face. Things settled down and another tech got the oil off the skid plate and the undercarriage. BTW - It took two Techs over an hour to get all the oil off!

Vent over?

Question? Should I go back to the dealer or not?

executor485

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd lodge a complaint with Ford HQ and never be going to that dealership again. A service tech got oil all over the A pillar next to the oil change sticker in my wife's car. Free full service detail.
I'm VERY OCD when it comes to my vehicles. I take extremely good care of them, and YES, I do carry leather wipes and armor all wipes in both my vehicles.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what happened to the original tech? If he worked for me he would be packing his shit.

The Service Manager said he would release him that day unless he said he was sorry. The Tech did give me a "I am Sorry"

I do not know if they let him go or not!

BTW - I just had two cigarettes after that post!

I am still stunned.

OP
OP
Fred

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd lodge a complaint with Ford HQ and never be going to that dealership again. A service tech got oil all over the A pillar next to the oil change sticker in my wife's car. Free full service detail.
I'm VERY OCD when it comes to my vehicles. I take extremely good care of them, and YES, I do carry leather wipes and armor all wipes in both my vehicles.

Me too. I carry my detail bag in the back floor board as well.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. I see this type of give a shit attitude all the time.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Damn dude. What did the manager say to the tech?

Probably nothing! The Manager was probably afraid the dealership would get sued if he talked to harsh.

I would have washed his mouth out with soap, spanked him and called his mother! That was how childish the Tech acted!

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First of all, you don't have to take off the entire skid plate to do an oil change. There's a small access panel. Second, this is why I do my own oil changes. Saves a lot of headaches and it's better to have an **** retentive person (me) do the work than some tech who doesn't give a shit because it isn't their vehicle. Bad dealerships and/or techs greatly outnumber good ones in this day and age unfortunately. If you stick with dealerships at all you'll probably want to start going over their work before you drive off.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I would be in that guys face too. Thats ******** for someone to say that to a customer. I would go higher up in ford with this. And if you have another ford dealership in the area I would go there.