I like MFT! Why all the hate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
JB is upset he wasted his money on the MFT...could have paid to have his poverty fenders painted.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had one in my Focus and it would go black all the time. My sister also has a Focus and she has had the screen black for over a week with no radio. Tool it to Ford and 2 min later it went black again. They said the only think to do for the time being is to disconnect the battery every time. Ford doesn't have a fix for the problem yet.
This is the reason I ditched my SEL focus with MyCrap, and bought a BASE model Focus ST without the bells and whistles.

On a side note, my $200 Garmin has performed flawlessly! LOL

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the reason I ditched my SEL focus with MyCrap, and bought a BASE model Focus ST without the bells and whistles.

On a side note, my $200 Garmin has performed flawlessly! LOL

This info is about a year or 2 old but Sync is the number 2 brand behind mustang. It's also their number one warranty/issue dragging them down in the satisfactory ratings. I happen to know for a fact Garmin has heavily invested in improving their software development processes. Ford outsources and has pretty much had their nose up in the air about the problem. I know this because I used to sell a software that helps catch defects in the software development process. Garmin was customer and Ford wouldn't give us a the time of day. A lot of their middle level management/gatekeepers are old school and just haven't kept up with modern software development methods.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This info is about a year or 2 old but Sync is the number 2 brand behind mustang. It's also their number one warranty/issue dragging them down in the satisfactory ratings. I happen to know for a fact Garmin has heavily invested in improving their software development processes. Ford outsources and has pretty much had their nose up in the air about the problem. I know this because I used to sell a software that helps catch defects in the software development process. Garmin was customer and Ford wouldn't give us a the time of day. A lot of their middle level management/gatekeepers are old school and just haven't kept up with modern software development methods.
Wow... didn't know that.

I did hear that their quality ratings have slid because of the MFT though... such a shame.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my 2013 for about 6 weeks. About 1,000 miles on her. I could have written your post except for iPhone 5 voice mail issues. Until this week. On 7/9 I had numerous issues with the Nav screen freezing with the map frozen, radio on and unable to shut off, and several more. Hoping that having the truck sit while I travel will get it to reset.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have MFT in my '13 Escape & it's been working fine since we got it about a month ago. I have been waiting for something to crop up, but so far-nothing.