I don't like the exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK, I learned people buy a truck that literally says "Ford Performance" on the floor as you step in but complain that it's too loud. Pretty insightful stuff, IMO.
pretty sure he was complaining about the quiet mode of the exhaust, completely opening up at throttle. Which is somewhat of a fair point. Not like hes in baja mode ripping it and complaining about it.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
pretty sure he was complaining about the quiet mode of the exhaust, completely opening up at throttle. Which is somewhat of a fair point. Not like hes in baja mode ripping it and complaining about it.
I get his complaint too. BUT, its a ford product and you can only keep a tiger in a cage for so long.

Or in this case a bunch of angry bees.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident most people don't buy a Raptor for the quiet exhaust feature.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly confident most people don't buy a Raptor for the quiet exhaust feature.
sure, but the quiet mode is there, kinda weird it doesnt stay in that mode even at throttle. I get why people would like to be quiet in certain areas or be low profile. My lightning and bike are stupid loud and at times i wish it was quieter (until i get back to my senses)

I sure as hell didnt buy mine for the exhaust though.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get his complaint too. BUT, its a ford product and you can only keep a tiger in a cage for so long.

Or in this case a bunch of angry bees.
funny enough my dad had a Jeep Srt, that exhaust was so cucked it sounded like bees, was hilarious to hear.
Luckily they fixed that with the trackhawk

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe this is even a discussion.

The exhaust opens at high load to allow it to breathe. If the exhaust remained in quiet mode under heavy throttle it would build excessive back pressure, prevent boost from building, and cause it to misfire. I can’t imagine how someone would think that’s preferable to having the valve open. It’s the same reason your A/C compressor disengages under the same conditions. There is no reason to be driving around in quiet mode at 75% throttle :facepalm:

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The exhaust opens at high load to allow it to breathe. If the exhaust remained in quiet mode under heavy throttle it would build excessive back pressure, prevent boost from building, and cause it to misfire. Is the same reason your A/C compressor disengaged under the same conditions. There is no reason to be driving around in quiet mode at 75% throttle :facepalm:
Uncap those headers boys.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score

The exhaust opens at high load to allow it to breathe. If the exhaust remained in quiet mode under heavy throttle it would build excessive back pressure, prevent boost from building, and cause it to misfire. I can’t imagine how someone would think that’s preferable to having the valve open. It’s the same reason your A/C compressor disengaged under the same conditions. There is no reason to be driving around in quiet mode at 75% throttle :facepalm:
200.gif
What I was trying to say, they serve a purpose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter