I can't wait to get the 2012 Raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamBatson

Reaction score
I just messed around on Ford's official site and I might go with a 2012 Raptor in this design. Hopefully in a few months.

Personally, I think Race Red looks much cooler than Molten Orange.

One more thing, R.I.P Molten Orange. :]

24yy5vk.jpg :peace:

Last edited:

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the orange, I was disappointed it's gone, It's the only colour me and the girlfriend agreed on. Now I'm deciding between black and white. My GF saw a black screw when she was driving home from work yesterday and said it was beautiful, I haven't seen one yet. The black paint Ford uses on the regular 150's look like crap, I hope the tuxedo black is nicer.

White608

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the orange, I was disappointed it's gone, It's the only colour me and the girlfriend agreed on. Now I'm deciding between black and white. My GF saw a black screw when she was driving home from work yesterday and said it was beautiful, I haven't seen one yet. The black paint Ford uses on the regular 150's look like crap, I hope the tuxedo black is nicer.

LOL orange was the color me and my gf picked. Then realized we couldn't get it. So ended up getting silver

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the race red so far in pics just plane red. Just too much red on such a big truck, but I think with the black graphics it ties everything in together nicely.

Ranger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the race red so far in pics just plane red. Just too much red on such a big truck, but I think with the black graphics it ties everything in together nicely.

I saw that red in the Ford dealership (on a Mustang), it looked really nice. I drive a big red truck at work, don't want one in my driveway too. Although if it a siren I wouldn't mind so much, the left lane bandits in Toronto are horrible.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score

I saw it on a Mustang at a dealer too and it's actually a pretty cool color. It changes depending on the light, just like the Molten Orange does. It photographs freakin horribly though.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not intending any offense to those of you that love (and are getting, Reptar) the blue, but that opinion of the red is the same I have for the blue. Way too bright and flashy for a truck like this. A color thread a while back mentioned the concept of "earthy" colors on this truck, which is why the Molten Orange is badass. That is why I think this truck deserves a good solid earthy color like Sterling Gray. That would be a great color for this truck. So, in the end I had to go with the Tux Black. Just my .02.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not intending any offense to those of you that love (and are getting, Reptar) the blue, but that opinion of the red is the same I have for the blue. Way too bright and flashy for a truck like this. A color thread a while back mentioned the concept of "earthy" colors on this truck, which is why the Molten Orange is badass. That is why I think this truck deserves a good solid earthy color like Sterling Gray. That would be a great color for this truck. So, in the end I had to go with the Tux Black. Just my .02.

I am 110% with you there! Thats why I did get the hood graphic on my blue flame screw, and I would have gotten bedside graphics of the graphic itself didn't look so cheap. The 10-11 graphic I saw in person with the digital mud looked like a decal from a powerwheels plastic toy, where it's the giant clear sheet with the graphcis printed on it. Stood out like a sore thumb to me. And I'm not totally crazy about the 12 graphics so I didn't order them but for the price Ford charges I can get something painted on for less and get what I want. I think it definitely needs something black on the sides to tone down the blue a bit, same with the red like you said.

I would have LOVED a dirt color raptor. It's really stupid to me that Ford makes the truck for offroading and dirty conditions, but doesn't offer it in a dirt color. I would have been all over sterling gray, and actually tried to see if Randy could do a fleet order of Sterling Gray Raptors, but no luck.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am 110% with you there! Thats why I did get the hood graphic on my blue flame screw, and I would have gotten bedside graphics of the graphic itself didn't look so cheap. The 10-11 graphic I saw in person with the digital mud looked like a decal from a powerwheels plastic toy, where it's the giant clear sheet with the graphcis printed on it. Stood out like a sore thumb to me. And I'm not totally crazy about the 12 graphics so I didn't order them but for the price Ford charges I can get something painted on for less and get what I want. I think it definitely needs something black on the sides to tone down the blue a bit, same with the red like you said.

I would have LOVED a dirt color raptor. It's really stupid to me that Ford makes the truck for offroading and dirty conditions, but doesn't offer it in a dirt color. I would have been all over sterling gray, and actually tried to see if Randy could do a fleet order of Sterling Gray Raptors, but no luck.

Yep, I was in that discussion also. That was right when I was discussing my options with Randy on getting a truck from him or locally. If he could have made it work I would've gotten a truck from him no matter how much it cost to get it shipped up here. Randy is a powerful Jedi, but not quite that powerful...