How many more yrs do we have of the Ford Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1965mdpd

Reaction score
The next republican administration will cancel FJBs executive order when it comes to these mileage mandates. GM and Ford will continue down the woke path bringing to market many new EV cars and trucks that no one will want nor afford. ICE vehicles will continue to be around for the next 20 years at least. I wouldn’t let what you read get your ******* in a twist. The green deal is dead in 18 months.
This is my first response on this forum. I owned a 2017 Raptor (special ordered) and am awaiting the Raptor R. The issue of EV's has several major problems and they are major problems. There is no infrastructure to support EV's more than a home charging station. The current administration has absolutely no program and no intent to development a national EV charging station infrastructure and if they did it would not be forthcoming for a significant amount of time.

What is the true monetary value of an EV? What is resale value of an EV.? Will ther be a used market for EV's?

Hydrogen is the green fuel absolute but there is no desire to pursue it because there is no profit in it. The cost of an installation of an EV home charging system for something that is no more than an errand vehicle is prohibitive to the average person who would not see a break even point on the vehicle in their lifetime.

One last observation, the cost of electricity is now as high as gasoline so there is no savings to be had. When the batteries on these vehicles have to be replaced the owner of an EV will really suffer sticker shock.

Blu21

Reaction score
I like the EV hummer. I think it looks sweet. A raptor version to compete with that is a cool idea and would have a market. 5-10years for them to make it, 10-15 before any of the electric cars get closer to the average car price.

grendel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue of EV's has several major problems and they are major problems. There is no infrastructure to support EV's more than a home charging station. The current administration has absolutely no program and no intent to development a national EV charging station infrastructure and if they did it would not be forthcoming for a significant amount of time.

That seems to be a mostly geographical problem. Many (specifically, not 'most') of California seems to have decent coverage. Same with parts of Colorado (the two areas I have experience with). Hence, the proliferation of electric vehicles. These things are everywhere. However, there is clearly not enough capacity for the majority of people to move to EVs.

In general, ff charging was a significant problem, you wouldn't see strong adoption. Expansion of charging solutions is a problem the market will (and is) solving. TSLA did a great job kicking it off. Some state/city government are stepping in too. I don't see this as a long term problem at all. It's one the market will resolve it (one way or another). Regardless, gasoline powered cars aren't going anywhere for a damn long time. And there will be enough legislative carve outs for even the most inefficient cars/trucks to exist.

Regarding home charging: This is something the government can really influence: tax credits for solar installations and influence/legislation allowing easier (and cheaper installation), and preventing power companies from setting restrictive mandates on such installations/connections.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the EV hummer. I think it looks sweet. A raptor version to compete with that is a cool idea and would have a market. 5-10years for them to make it, 10-15 before any of the electric cars get closer to the average car price.
When you say a “raptor version” do you mean a truck that is fast for a truck, looks aggressive/sporty, and is called raptor? Or do you mean an pretty good out of the box off road truck?

I think a lot of people pick the raptor as a performance truck with no intentions of off roading in it. Which is fine, but it changes the commonly understood definition of when people say “raptor”

murphyraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I for one cannot wait for the EV Ford Raptor and will be in line to buy it day 1. Ideally, it'll have a massive Hummer style battery, with the 500 mile range the Cybertruck promises with insane Plaid level acceleration with out of this world Baja suspension.

I love the sound of my Raptor now.. I will love the sound of my Raptor R. But my Tesla is just as fun and puts the same shit grin smile on your face. If they can put the Raptor suspension into an EV we all win.

View attachment 349174
The Hummer is a giant 9000 lb **** offroad. No thanks

OP
OP
jpl291

jpl291

Reaction score
so
When you say a “raptor version” do you mean a truck that is fast for a truck, looks aggressive/sporty, and is called raptor? Or do you mean an pretty good out of the box off road truck?

I think a lot of people pick the raptor as a performance truck with no intentions of off roading in it. Which is fine, but it changes the commonly understood definition of when people say “raptor”
I want an off-road raptor personally but I think Ford would benefit from having a version like the old lightening which was an on road high performance truck and keep the raptor as the off-road high performance version

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do your part now climate terrorist and cancel your Raptor orders to support the new "Green Deal". There's plenty of charging stations in the desert and high mountains with unicorns and rainbows just around the bend.

Last edited: