So happy with my Raptor we bought a 2024 Edge ST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful car for the wife and she is in love with it. Like the Raptor, it really gets up and goes. Feels very solid on the road and all the Bling one would expect from SVT. We are planning on attending the ST SUV Experience – Ford Performance Racing School in Park City, UT. B&O sound is great.

Being spoiled rotten with the Raptor, the ST is missing several features that I would have loved to have on it. Also, the ride is harsher than the Raptor and it's noisier inside. First one, no adjustable shocks so no button on the dash for "ride". Second, no tuned exhaust, no button and no button for steering feel or setting. It's in "all wheel drive" ....all the time! No 4x4, no 2x4. The manual SAYS it has "auto hold" but no one can find how to enable it (Ford support nor the dealer).

So, question for fordtechone, do you know how to enable Auto Hold?

The steps in the manual don't work. it says:
1. Press Features on the touchscreen. (does not exist)
2. Press Driver Assistance.
We have followed EVERY path on the touch screen as well as the menu buttons on the steering wheel....Can't find it. Had a customer service rep from Ford on the phone for 30 minutes trying to walk us through...she ended up totally stumped and said go ask the dealer. They didn't know either

Also, FTO the lane keeping system, unlike the Raptor which is rock solid, bounces back and forth between the white and center lines. This amplifies after about 3 ricochets and then fails. Is that adjustable at the dealer?

PS, it does not have a nice forum like this one which I found odd.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went from a 2019 Edge ST into my Raptor. Definitely way different.

Mine didn't have auto hold. I also had all 8 gears in my transmission - yours logically skips 2nd and calls 3rd, 2nd and so on. You still have all 8 gears physically present.

I had mine for about 33,000 miles and never one issue.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the Edge was put to the ultimate test tonight. Six inches of snow turned to snot. Even though I ran the tractor/snowblower down the 1/4-mile uphill driveway and delt with the 6-8 inch slime. It still had 1-2 inches of mashed taters on it. The Edge did not fare well. Nothing we tried enabled it to make the last 400 yards...other than the New Holland tractor and a tow strap (good luck finding an attach point). The Edge apparently has standard differentials in it. Only one froI hadand one rear would spin/pull. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to disable traction control so I could rock it back and forth. Was one of those (Oh! "that" button). Not sure what the target for this SVC rig is yet but rough terrain and or mud/.... definitely NOT! I was wondering how those low-profile wide tires would do...not snow!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Well, the Edge was put to the ultimate test tonight. Six inches of snow turned to snot. Even though I ran the tractor/snowblower down the 1/4-mile uphill driveway and delt with the 6-8 inch slime. It still had 1-2 inches of mashed taters on it. The Edge did not fare well. Nothing we tried enabled it to make the last 400 yards...other than the New Holland tractor and a tow strap (good luck finding an attach point). The Edge apparently has standard differentials in it. Only one froI hadand one rear would spin/pull. I had a hell of a time figuring out how to disable traction control so I could rock it back and forth. Was one of those (Oh! "that" button). Not sure what the target for this SVC rig is yet but rough terrain and or mud/.... definitely NOT! I was wondering how those low-profile wide tires would do...not snow!

Dang. Does it have any redeeming qualities? Are those things fast?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are two generations of lane keeping; the first generation will only bump the steering wheel in the opposite direction when you approach a lane marking. The second generation has lane centering, which actively steers the vehicle to keep it in its lane. The Edge has the first generation system.

Auto hold is nothing special; all it does is keep brake pressure applied after you release the brake pedal to keep the vehicle from rolling back. It’s more annoying than anything because as you apply the accelerator it hesitates to move as the brakes release. Probably only useful in a place like San Francisco where the streets are extremely steep.

Sounds like they need to revise the Owner’s Manual with the correct way to access it.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
"intelligent" AWD systems will disappoint 90% of the time.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First gen description matches its behavior. That sucks. You would think with a brand new '24 the lane keeping would have been upgraded.... thanks a lot Ford, ya dropped the ball.
True Auto hold is just a function of the antilock brake system. On the Raptor, I used it all the time and like zero hesitation. Just as soon as I touch the throttle, she is gone gone gone. (much quicker than moving foot from brake to gas) ...my experience anyway.

Same for the Raptor owner's manual. It may be related to an F150 but is most certainly is not and needs its own manual. Pain in the ass trying to read through all that crap and guess what applies and what doesn't.

The Edge does have the Copilot360 on it..
Thanks for your response FTO!