A (weird) 2022 vs 2023 vs 2024 thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be fooled, the best truck is the newest one — not one owned by someone else before. Of course you have to like the looks (and be patient) for a 2024.
I don’t think I would agree with that statement. Especially given I know the previous owner.

JD05

Reaction score
By the 22 order a 24 and when it comes in see where you're at and what you want.

I got a 22 3 months ago and I'm on the list for a 35 and R

GDITheMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure I don’t do something stupid, is my below perception of Gen3 still accurate?

MY2022 - Most well equipped/complete but lots of Q&A issues and reports
MY2023 - Likely less Q&A issues than 2022 but also painfully missing some core features (ie Torsen, …)
MY2024 - Probably least issues of all due to Farleys Q&A push and parts delete but also not likely to beat MY2022 in completeness. Also, likely a super long wait to get your hands on one.

Looking at a fully loaded used MY2022 with ~13k miles and solid service history. Also looking at the standard 35-inch Raptor as 37-inch doesn’t make sense for me (will be 80% pavement princess lest some beach and off road-park trips).
It's QC, Quality Control. Q&A is Questions and Answers.

If you meant QA, Quality Assurance, that is usually done by the customer or their third party representative. The vendor or contractor performs QC. QA is done to make sure the vendor's products meet the contractual specifications. Ford would perform QA on their vendor's parts. The vendor would perform QC.

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's QC, Quality Control. Q&A is Questions and Answers.

If you meant QA, Quality Assurance, that is usually done by the customer or their third party representative. The vendor or contractor performs QC. QA is done to make sure the vendor's products meet the contractual specifications. Ford would perform QA on their vendor's parts. The vendor would perform QC.
Originally I meant quality assurance (not questions and answers but I assumed it was obvious). However, after your explanation, I would say I should have referred to both QA and QC, since both processes would prevent issues down the line.

WhiteMamba

Reaction score
All I can say is that the MY24 is going to be more complete than previous years. They have made a ton of things standard and included a bunch of things for free (MY24 is about 3K higher). For me, I'm going to pay about 3.5K more than for a MY23 but I'm getting everything I wanted in a MY23 but couldn't afford. Also I didn't want a moonroof but I wanted the tailgate which is separate for MY24. There never has been a year where you get more for less than this upcoming MY24. I just can't believe they got rid of the code orange! Buy what you can afford.