A (weird) 2022 vs 2023 vs 2024 thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make sure I don’t do something stupid, is my below perception of Gen3 still accurate?

MY2022 - Most well equipped/complete but lots of Q&A issues and reports
MY2023 - Likely less Q&A issues than 2022 but also painfully missing some core features (ie Torsen, …)
MY2024 - Probably least issues of all due to Farleys Q&A push and parts delete but also not likely to beat MY2022 in completeness. Also, likely a super long wait to get your hands on one.

Looking at a fully loaded used MY2022 with ~13k miles and solid service history. Also looking at the standard 35-inch Raptor as 37-inch doesn’t make sense for me (will be 80% pavement princess lest some beach and off road-park trips).

Wildcat1865

Reaction score
I would say it heavily depends on what matters to you more (gotta have a torsen and don’t want to wait MY22, don’t want to wait on a 24 but want to be original owner MY23, ok with waiting and want the new bells and whistles like a HUD or a Green paint job MY24). I can’t think of a no brainer difference that doesn’t come down more to what you the buyer places the most value in.

Good luck

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there's also some subjective factors I like about that 22' - color, interior, pre-MY24 looks.

I also realized after I posted this that based on my own comment about off road use, I don't really need that torsen anyway.

I think the biggest argument though is I just want to drive one now rather than in 6-9 months, I'm not on the list anywhere.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Well there's also some subjective factors I like about that 22' - color, interior, pre-MY24 looks.

I also realized after I posted this that based on my own comment about off road use, I don't really need that torsen anyway.

I think the biggest argument though is I just want to drive one now rather than in 6-9 months, I'm not on the list anywhere.

Get the 22 and don't look back. Start enjoying life.

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 22 and don't look back. Start enjoying life.
That's what I'll do unless I recognize serious issues during pickup.
$73k, was $83k MSRP. About $4k above KBB trade-in value.

Last edited:

oliver1539

Reaction score
I looked at 2 different 23s and decided on a 22 specifically because of the torsen front differential and heated steering wheel.
I know the heated steering wheel can be added and the torsen isn’t a deal breaker to many, but I wanted as many options as I could get for the price of these trucks!

OP
OP
Tr4ckD4ys

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't your signature say you already own a '22?
I couldn’t wait to announce it so I put it in there already, given all paperwork is already done except taking delivery (which will happen Monday - unless there are issues fingers crossed).

I used to have a Gen2 and also an F250 Tremor so am just really excited to get back on those super comfortable F150 seats.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t be fooled, the best truck is the newest one — not one owned by someone else before. Of course you have to like the looks (and be patient) for a 2024.