How many miles do you have and what problems have you had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2011 Supercrew 15,200 miles

Problem: Transmission leak
Resolution: All new gaskets and seals

Tranny leak? already? :shocked:,

My 2011 6.2 with 300 miles when I notice:
1- couple drops of water at the edge under the sunroof when rain,
2- clunk/jerk/ launch forward when I put in drive,
3- clunk/jerk/ launch backward when I put in reverse,
4- engine want to stall when park with steering wheel at almost full lock,
* I really love this truck, it is my first truck ever in 25 years behind the wheel, my honest opinion is that this truck so under power, build quality is even lower. Why in the world this truck was built this way? shit in the old day that said "Made In USA" is truly gone? The only reason I'm still driving the Raptor is because (No Other Truck) in existence have the look like it. I love my truck but sad at the same time.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Tranny leak? already? :shocked:,

My 2011 6.2 with 300 miles when I notice:
1- couple drops of water at the edge under the sunroof when rain,
2- clunk/jerk/ launch forward when I put in drive,
3- clunk/jerk/ launch backward when I put in reverse,
4- engine want to stall when park with steering wheel at almost full lock,
* I really love this truck, it is my first truck ever in 25 years behind the wheel, my honest opinion is that this truck so under power, build quality is even lower. Why in the world this truck was built this way? shit in the old day that said "Made In USA" is truly gone? The only reason I'm still driving the Raptor is because (No Other Truck) in existence have the look like it. I love my truck but sad at the same time.

well if you went from a Murcielago to a Raptor like your name suggests I'm guessing not much under 100k would satisfy you. Is that fair to say?

Banned
Reaction score
I'd say so haha. And he did go from a murci to a raptor.

-Sent from my iPhone

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if you went from a Murcielago to a Raptor like your name suggests I'm guessing not much under 100k would satisfy you. Is that fair to say?

Your statement not fair at all, I own cars cost less than 20k with far few problems with over 150,000 miles. Quality should not be base on Price but rather Pride :waytogo:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Wow, bad mouthing the raptor much??? Its not the same transmission from the lambo. If you had the auto in the lambo, the car doesn't move unless you push the gas, the raptor is not that. Anything that weighs 6000+ lbs will feel under powered coming from any super car. And build quality is actually quite good for american trucks. You just had a car filled with audi stuff.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Your statement not fair at all, I own cars cost less than 20k with far few problems with over 150,000 miles. Quality should not be base on Price but rather Pride :waytogo:

well, it's not fair you had/have a Murcielago and i don't. i'll deal with that, you deal with the plastic dash rattle in your Raptor...and we can all get along :D

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, bad mouthing the raptor much??? Its not the same transmission from the lambo. If you had the auto in the lambo, the car doesn't move unless you push the gas, the raptor is not that. Anything that weighs 6000+ lbs will feel under powered coming from any super car. And build quality is actually quite good for american trucks. You just had a car filled with audi stuff.

When I said under power I meant as to every other trucks on the road.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When I said under power I meant as to every other trucks on the road.

Umm...no. I have a 2008 Titan with a 5.6L V8 with a Magnaflow exhaust and a Superchips 93 octane performance tune. I drove a Raptor with the 6.2 and it was as fast if not faster than my Titan and my truck scoots. Now the 5.4L is a different story. I drove a lifted 2010 Platinum on 35" Terra Grapplers and it couldn't get out of its own way.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, it's not fair you had/have a Murcielago and i don't. i'll deal with that, you deal with the plastic dash rattle in your Raptor...and we can all get along :D

:waytogo: Didn't I mention I love my Raptor just a little SAD?