How many miles do you have and what problems have you had?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcmj45acp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove from Houston to Birmingham over the weekend, then busted 30,000 miles on the way down to Monroe County, AL. Clunk was resolved back in July at 15,000 miles or so. No other serious issues to report. Will probably end up replacing the stock tires at the end of the year and expect to have about 36,000 miles on the truck at that point. Mileage has averaged out to 13 mpg on regular gas. It remains the best truck I've ever owned.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was that a fail? Lamborghini made tractors before they made "Lamborghinis". And it's Italian.

I agree you can't compare the two. It's his opinion so nothing to fuss over about.

Lamborghini is owned by Audi now which is German

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lamborghini is owned by Audi now which is German

This is false. Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen which owns Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini (I may be missing some).

However, Lamborghini is still made in Italy.

1986 Lamborghini LM002 - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time - TIME

FAIL

You would agree with him. Or you have a bone to pick with me.... :)

I agreed with you both...

A top worst car list is not even a valid source of evidence. The LM002 is actually a great car, IMO. It had many technological advancements during its time and, also, it had the well respected Countach V12 in it.

It died because of sales and a loss of purpose. In the 1980's Lamborghini competed to provide a Light Tactical Vehicle for the Armed Forces. They created the "Cheetah" or LM001. However, the US found that it was not practical to use this vehicle due to its exceptional cost such as the V12 engine and leather interior. They went with the cheaper competitor the HMMWV ($50k a pop and now $150k up-armored).

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is false. Lamborghini is owned by Volkswagen which owns Audi, Porsche, Bentley, Bugatti, and Lamborghini (I may be missing some).

However, Lamborghini is still made in Italy.

I agreed with you both...

A top worst car list is not even a valid source of evidence. The LM002 is actually a great car, IMO. It had many technological advancements during its time and, also, it had the well respected Countach V12 in it.

It died because of sales and a loss of purpose. In the 1980's Lamborghini competed to provide a Light Tactical Vehicle for the Armed Forces. They created the "Cheetah" or LM001. However, the US found that it was not practical to use this vehicle due to its exceptional cost such as the V12 engine and leather interior. They went with the cheaper competitor the HMMWV ($50k a pop and now $150k up-armored).

Right so it failed. You did all the work for me. Loss of purpose, no sales besides some Arab *****....

Success in business is measured by sales and public perception.

No sales = Fail
Rambo Lambo= Success, in that it had a badass/iconic perception

Right it had a nice engine but the truck as a whole failed.

"Between 1986 and 1993 total production is thought to have been just 328 vehicles. For comparison's sake, Jaguar made 281 XJ220s while Ferrari produced 1,315 F40s"

Look at the value of that truck today. Two 1990's for 120k or so... Lamborghini LM002 - Lamborghini LM002 For Sale

Ferrari created 4 times as many F40's as LM002. Look at the value of the F40 today... These guys want 400,000 EUROS which is $533,000
For Sale: Black Ferrari F40 LM

These guys want over 500,000 EUROS and one for 800,000 EUROS
Ferrari F40 For Sale

Even the XJ220 is going for more and that car is not really talked about ever. 190,000 on Ebay
http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/jaguar-xj220-for-sale-on-ebay-ar92566.html

Based on the simple fact that there are 4 times MORE F40's produced bringing down the uniqueness of the car compared to the LM002 and still the F40 is 4-5 times more expensive says something about PUBLIC PERCEPTION and SUCCESS of the vehicle

I meant Italy.

Last edited:

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Right so it failed. You did all the work for me. Loss of purpose, no sales besides some Arab *****....

Success in business is measured by sales and public perception.

No sales = Fail
Rambo Lambo= Success, in that it had a badass/iconic perception

Right it had a nice engine but the truck as a whole failed.

"Between 1986 and 1993 total production is thought to have been just 328 vehicles. For comparison's sake, Jaguar made 281 XJ220s while Ferrari produced 1,315 F40s"

Look at the value of that truck today. Two 1990's for 120k or so... Lamborghini LM002 - Lamborghini LM002 For Sale

Ferrari created 4 times as many F40's as LM002. Look at the value of the F40 today... These guys want 400,000 EUROS which is $533,000
For Sale: Black Ferrari F40 LM

These guys want over 500,000 EUROS and one for 800,000 EUROS
Ferrari F40 For Sale

Even the XJ220 is going for more and that car is not really talked about ever. 190,000 on Ebay
Jaguar XJ220 for sale on eBay - Top Speed

Based on the simple fact that there are 4 times MORE F40's produced bringing down the uniqueness of the car compared to the LM002 and still the F40 is 4-5 times more expensive says something about PUBLIC PERCEPTION and SUCCESS of the vehicle

I meant Italy.

Just because there is a higher demand for one vehicle does not mean that it is a success or failure. You can find success and failure in almost anything if you look at it a certain way.

I could continue to explain but I'll just leave it as it is. We're both just trying to help explain the situation, I guess.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea...... Well businesses produce products to make profit. Business school 101.

Read and learn about business and we will have a conversation.

Till then the LM002 was a failure and didn't do shit besides give Arab terrorists ways to drive around the desert.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea...... Well businesses produce products to make profit. Business school 101.

Read and learn about business and we will have a conversation.

Till then the LM002 was a failure and didn't do shit besides give Arab terrorists ways to drive around the desert.

You're not the only business major. I understand they produce products to make a profit. So, in the case of a Prius... is that a failure or success? IMO, it's a failure to the environment and a success to Toyota's sales.

GM produced an electric car back in the 90's, which name slips my mind at the moment. However, due to lack of sales they opted out of that technology and chose to produce large SUVs. Why? Because of sales. That electric car was a failure to their books but a success to the advancement of that type of technology.

According to your theory, the Hummer H1 is a huge success. It MSRPed for $140k and now sells for almost the same if not more. A car is a depreciating asset, as you might have learned in your pre-req courses. Any car that holds its value or increases in value is a huge success, then. So... the LM002 is also a huge success in that sense.

Okay, I'm seriously done now with this topic. Just want to make sure we're seeing eye to eye.