High mileage owners please check in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WFWP

Reaction score
Love seeing that high mileage. I don't claim to be a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. guy but I can say I've driven a lot of Ford trucks and put hundreds of thousands of miles on them over the years. I had a 1999 V-10 Super Duty that stayed hooked to a gooseneck for years that went over 300,000. You couldn't kill it. Knock on wood I hope to do it again with this truck.

215k.jpg 215k.jpg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91,450 on my 2012 scab, purchased July 2016 w/ 60,000. Overall has been trouble free to own. I am pretty easy on it and it stays on pavement 90% of the time. But the previous owner used it in the dirt quite a bit. How these trucks age really are dependent on how they are driven and what the owner does with them.

-New Ko2 around 75k miles
-CV boots in front twice
-Both side rockers of the cab were severely rusted (soft metal that you could put your finger through) and were replaced under Fords 5 year corrosion warranty just before the truck was 5 years old in 2017 (A $20k warranty fix at the body shop for both sides). I undercoated the truck with Rustoleum matte black rust reformer and it is held up great after 2 winters. I also do a coating of Amsoil HDMP every fall when I flush out the rockers and this has also been a big help. I give the shocks a heavy coat of the HDMP just before winter too to keep corrosion off of them from the salt. In the spring I scrub the shocks clean to remove the HDMP coating and they look brand new. This process is a must if you live in areas where they use salt on the roads.
-New gauge cluster (half the screen burned out randomly around 80k miles).
-Door locks sometimes act up and wont lock/unlock, I notice it the first it gets cold at the start of winter. Annoying that I can't get it to replicate for the dealer.
-P0320 code every so often, truck will idle rough, go into limp mode and die, I clear it with the SCT tuner and it will run fine. Can't figure this one out and haven't been able to replicate at the dealer. It happened at 70k miles and again at 90k. From what I understand it is the crank position sensor.
-Brakes (pads and rotors) done at 90k

My truck has had the PremiumCare Ford warranty that originally expired Aug 2018. I renewed it just before it expired so I am good until 106k miles or 3 years. I've taken it to the dealer any time I've had a problem (besides that intermittent door lock and p0320 code issue which they can't replicate) and they have taken care of everything for a $50 deductible. The warranty is a great peace of mind thing to have.

I do want a Gen2 Raptor badly, but this one has been a solid truck and I am still enjoying it. It would be tough to see it go.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must be the winner at 197,000 miles on a 2011! I purchased the truck new and have enjoyed it thoroughly. The reason I keep the truck is because not much happens to it and I still like it a lot. I had an A/C problem at 180k that acted like the blend door actuator but that problem turned-out to be a loose wire and a $80 repair. I had to have some updates to the transmission back around 80k but the trans has got me through to this point. I've had small things done to it but nothing memorable (expensive). I haven't even changed the plugs! The sad fact is that I haven't thought about a spark plug in thirty years...lol...that's sinful. But really, there's just no reason to get rid of the thing! It's modded-out the way I like and still draws the same attention as when it was new.

I also have a F-350 that is a bit more comfortable on trips with its stretched-out wheelbase and just seems to be a better choice than driving a 200,000 mile vehicle, but I'm not really sure that thinking makes much sense with the track record of the Raptor. Pretty amazing.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oops, I missed that odometer post with the 215k miles...he's 17,000 miles ahead of me...I better get busy and chalk-up some more miles!

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see 300k miles, that what my brother has on his f150, 28 years old one. Only had to repair/ replace the back axel, getting one from a junk yard.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing 300k is very doable. The engine just loafs around in the low RPMs, so I'm guessing the body and frame will fall apart long before the engine says goodbye.

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a header bolt snap off on the passenger side, took it to a shop that said they were capable of fixing it and ended up with holes drilled all sorts of different directions and a bunch of silicone shoved in there because they hit a coolant channel... they said it was like new when they handed me the keys, didn't expect anything for a week and then the bolt fell out. Learned an expensive lesson and took the truck to a better shop where a new head is being installed currently, that first shop butchered it to the point it couldn't be fixed...

Trucks been gone for probably 3 months now, can't wait for it to return! Been daily driving my car for 3 months, ready to go back off-road again!

118k miles, no other serious issues besides what I reported earlier in the thread, still holding up very well!1b30cb505a380c9b492c8fc616402966.jpg1d267321636b66efef0dba30a1146941.jpge8e49eaf42a0b494f92128a607eaa9b8.jpgd5f58f5118059296d399173f1503a63d.jpg

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love seeing that high mileage. I don't claim to be a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc. guy but I can say I've driven a lot of Ford trucks and put hundreds of thousands of miles on them over the years. I had a 1999 V-10 Super Duty that stayed hooked to a gooseneck for years that went over 300,000. You couldn't kill it. Knock on wood I hope to do it again with this truck.

View attachment 120820

Damn, who cleaned your cluster with gravel?

D

Deleted member 17706

Just clocked 100,000 on my Roush. Trans rebuilt at 80, but other than that no issues.

Did you rebuild the transmission to OEM specs? Or did you upgrade the billet shafts, torque converter, and so on?

Did you change your transmission fluid and filter prior to it croaking? Lol or was it never changed?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter