High Mileage Concerns on Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Matt, holding out for a 13-14 I would think they would be a little better and have some kinks worked out. Thoughts?

Toddler

Reaction score
First time posting, but I have been reading lots of posts though.

Is there any reason to be concerned buying a raptor Gen1 2013-2014 with 100K + miles on it?

What would need to have been done maintenance wise by 100k? I see lots of guys talking about rebuilding shots, etc. is that a concern with trucks with mostly street miles? Anything else like timing belts, etc. that I should ask about?

Thanks in advance! I am hoping to find a local raptor in the 30-35k range.

Scott

E1BEFA37-E076-4C28-981E-28C36B68C240.jpeg

Reaction score
I bought a 2012 supercrew with 132,*** this past summer. I have ran her to about 142,000 miles and have loved every second of and plan on running it till it kicks. Just make sure you do your due diligence on the condition of the truck, like everyone has said in this thread. Just make sure you have some money set aside for routine maintenance that comes with buying a car with over or around 100k miles. Examples that I have ran into from 132k miles to 142k miles of my ownership(mainly street driving) are new engine air filter, power steering pump/fluid, oil changes, new set of rebuilt shocks, new fuel pump, replacing 02 sensors. May sound like a lot but these are all repairs that wont necessary break the bank and aren't going to have the car on the lift for weeks on end. Best of luck! If you have any questions on the pricing of the repairs that I did, let me know I'd be happy to share more in depth.

Matt Delro

Reaction score
Thanks Matt, holding out for a 13-14 I would think they would be a little better and have some kinks worked out. Thoughts?

I think those years have some nice changes from the previous model years. If you happen to find one spec’ed out the way you want and the mileage is right jump on it. I called 3 places trying to go check on their raptors and each had sold before I could even get to them. I was lucky with the ‘13 I ended up buying.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a local raptor for sale. White 2013 with just under 100k. Has a strange dent in the tailgate above the handle, maybe from towing. Nothing has been rebuilt, all stock and needs new tires. I am on my tablet or I would try and post a picture. It has roush exhaust and cold air. Driving lights and that’s it I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for a set of used shocks, whatever you get will most likely need them.

I got a used set of fronts and rears in great condition on here for $100 total. Rebuilt them for $800 (upgraded seals, etc) from Texas Shock Works.