Raptor High Mileage for 2017/Early 18 Models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorgx

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2018 Raptor. It has around 70k miles. Private seller. I have it at Ford to get checked up but although I did my due diligence reading more and more about the issues of these earlier models makes me unsure of what I've bought. Does anyone have a 2017/2018 with north of 150k miles? My plan was to run this raptor for a long time, but now I am unsure if it'll make it past 100k miles. I am a toyota fan, but was persuaded by the bodylines of the raptor gen 2.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome , don't worry, ,just enjoy . 2017 can have some youth problems, but easy to fix. 70K miles , it's not a lot ...

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2018 Raptor. It has around 70k miles. Private seller. I have it at Ford to get checked up but although I did my due diligence reading more and more about the issues of these earlier models makes me unsure of what I've bought. Does anyone have a 2017/2018 with north of 150k miles? My plan was to run this raptor for a long time, but now I am unsure if it'll make it past 100k miles. I am a toyota fan, but was persuaded by the bodylines of the raptor gen 2.
Go on any forum and you’ll read about issues. Toyota forums have thousands of posts on rotted frames, repeat cam tower oil leaks, failed AIR pumps, etc. What makes that any different?

These are F-150s, properly maintain them and they’ll last. Do you have the full history of maintenance on the truck you bought? That means a lot more than random forum posts.

Nolo0125

Reaction score
Yeah I just came from a Tundra 07 and loved my truck for 16 years and now my son is driving it. It’s had its share of issues too but overall was very happy with it. Fast forward to today with my 19 Raptor and it’s not apples to apples but this Raptor is so much more fun to drive and I would advise getting the Cobb Tune w TCM ( which I did and added the Cobb CAI too) or if wanting a more aggressive tune go Goosetune as it does help with the transmission shifts and adds a few more hp, which never hurts. I don’t think there is a better looking truck on the street today than a 2nd Gen Raptor. I actually like it better than the Gen3 as it seems all trucks are now going to massive grills ( see new Tundra) plus I was looking for a better flat tow vehicle and was going to wait for the Ranger Raptor but it’s just to small. Enjoy your new ride!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

It’s OK…Toyota is a big fan of Ford & the Raptor, hence why they try to copy the sh*t outta both!

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Former Tundra owner here and like you made the switch to Raptor. I've got 71K and I'm not worried about it, enjoy it!

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 just hit 74K. Only issue was Cam Phaser and High Pressure Fuel Pump. Other than that, with proper maintenance, the thing is a beast! Taking it back down to Baja in May for some more hard miles!

pavendort

Reaction score
100k, no real issues. Bought it at 69k. Trans is being rebuilt now. Wasn't bad at all, but warranty covered it so I will take a free rebuild. I beat the living shit out of my truck too, but I am good with maintenance, and it came with full records. The previous owner was getting 19.6mpg average, so I assume it was a cruise set at 55 all the time kind of driver.

typecase

Reaction score
100k, no real issues. Bought it at 69k. Trans is being rebuilt now. Wasn't bad at all, but warranty covered it so I will take a free rebuild. I beat the living shit out of my truck too, but I am good with maintenance, and it came with full records. The previous owner was getting 19.6mpg average, so I assume it was a cruise set at 55 all the time kind of driver.

Wow. I didn't even think that kind of mileage was possible. Best I've ever done was 15.5MPG .