New Raptor purchase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the white one shipped to the Carmax near me. I'll drive it next week. I'm partial to the white (but not by much), but I really like the silver one as well. Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. One other thing the silver one has going for it--it's a one owner truck. White one has had two owners (5 years each). If the white one fails, I'll move on to drive the silver one. It's a two hour drive outta town, or I'd have been up to see it already.

I'll definitely crawl all over it. As for duties...I won't be hauling anything other than trees/plants/yard stuff. I have a large piece of property and I'm bringing stuff home for it year-round.

The one thing I keep coming back to on the silver one is the one-owner issue. In my mind it is more likely (perhaps) to have been kept up with as far as maintenance.

ETA: only 1st-Gen I recall with the fender guards being painted. Factory or not?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the white one shipped to the Carmax near me. I'll drive it next week. I'm partial to the white (but not by much), but I really like the silver one as well. Thanks for the feedback and thoughts. One other thing the silver one has going for it--it's a one owner truck. White one has had two owners (5 years each). If the white one fails, I'll move on to drive the silver one. It's a two hour drive outta town, or I'd have been up to see it already.

I'll definitely crawl all over it. As for duties...I won't be hauling anything other than trees/plants/yard stuff. I have a large piece of property and I'm bringing stuff home for it year-round.

The one thing I keep coming back to on the silver one is the one-owner issue. In my mind it is more likely (perhaps) to have been kept up with as far as maintenance.

ETA: only 1st-Gen I recall with the fender guards being painted. Factory or not?
All Raptors are of any generation came from the factory with gray painted fender flares. Body color fender flares are aftermarket. Which means they could have been painted by a body shop or by the owner in his driveway. So no guarantees how that paint it going to hold up long term.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the frame in the engine bay. My 14 developed some rust in there where the fenders connected to it. Florida truck from first owner.

Halogens aren't terrible, but they aren't great. Would lean towards the Silver in that case cause aftermarket HIDs are 1-1.5k I believe.

Both look pretty good. I know you aren't big on tech, but the Gen 1 wasn't an overloaded truck with gizmos. I would get one with the 8" touchscreen over the puny 4" screen.
I forget if the 801 came with the front camera only. PITA to get to, but is helpful to have. Not sure the base trucks get that.

OP
OP
D

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ended up with the white one and picked it up today. Very pleasantly surprised when I saw it in person. It has been well taken care of. No modifications that I can initially detect, but then again, I'm not quite sure at this point what some of them would look like anyway. Solid underneath. Doesn't look like it's been rode hard at all. Thanks for all of the input fellas...
First night home.JPG

OP
OP
D

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are several things that really attracted me to this particular truck. One is that it has no graphics. I also really like the painted fender flares. Whoever did it, had it done right. It's the only one I've seen like that after several months of looking.

I went to look at it yesterday, fully intending to just leave it there and come back today if I was still excited about it. Truth is, I think my wife likes it as much as I do and she really pushed me to bring it home. Next thing you know, she'll want to drive it.

Now to start edumacatin' myself on it. Probably not a lot of options in it's future, because I really like it the way it sits. But I do like doing my own maintenance.