High Mileage Concerns on Gen1?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Allinon72, yeah trying to be somewhat realistic, the super low trucks are like $45-50k on ebay which isn't the best gauge and there doesn't' seem to be anything in between. I would love something in the 60-75k mileage range.

I am going to be patient, I would really like to find black or blue.

coachhomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 with 147k. Drive it like the day I bought it. Just rebuilt the suspension. Will keep it forever. It will always be a Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P4SHOCAT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do a search in your area on Car Gurus. I found my 2013 with 40,000 mile on Car Gurus. Not much higher in price than what you are looking at.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Saw this on eBay...ok, so he put some rims on it...am I missing something? $43,500?

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use ebay as your only source of value analysis. In fact I wouldn't use it at all. Use Auto Tempest, Cars.com, Autotrader, etc. On ebay you will find a bunch of overpriced trucks where their owners are trying to get value out of modifications.

But yes gen 1 Raptors hold their value extremely well even for higher mileage examples.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do think ebay sold items can give you an idea of what people are paying in the market. i am not seeing to many of these high priced gen 1's going for ask. The only gauge is one that sold and even that can be deceiving if they relist it ;)

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With only occasional engagement of 4WD and no high speed running in 4WD, my transfer case failed on my 2011 at 85,000 miles. I think it odd because I had drained and replaced the lube in it on three occasions prior to failure. Used Ford Transfer Case Fluid from the dealership when I serviced it the first two times, and on the third service used Mercon LV when Ford abandoned their proprietary stuff.

OP
OP
yubayogi

yubayogi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With only occasional engagement of 4WD and no high speed running in 4WD, my transfer case failed on my 2011 at 85,000 miles. I think it odd because I had drained and replaced the lube in it on three occasions prior to failure. Used Ford Transfer Case Fluid from the dealership when I serviced it the first two times, and on the third service used Mercon LV when Ford abandoned their proprietary stuff.

What was involved in the repair? What did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Delro

Reaction score
Hey Allinon72, yeah trying to be somewhat realistic, the super low trucks are like $45-50k on ebay which isn't the best gauge and there doesn't' seem to be anything in between. I would love something in the 60-75k mileage range.

I am going to be patient, I would really like to find black or blue.

there is a blue 2012 that just went up for sale where I live (central MASS) they are asking 28k for it with 90k miles.

I just bought my gen1 with 80k miles for around 35. It’s fully loaded and was well taken care of, I actually just finished spraying fluid film on some of the underbelly. Already took it off road and it runs like a champ.