Help me identify this noise please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V1ROTATE

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im picking up what you’re putting down, I will dig deeper into that tomorrow. they certainly have there fair share of surface rust on them.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@V1ROTATE
OK, OK, OK, Will get the headphones out..............The first video sounds like the tick is a Lower plug wire arcing on something. The second sounds like what @Nex said idler pulley or a bad bering in the alternator....... I was trying to figure out what the weird noise was.... come to find out it was Just Reaper in his cat box. FN with me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V1ROTATE

V1ROTATE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@V1ROTATE
OK, OK, OK, Will get the headphones out..............The first video sounds like the tick is a Lower plug wire arcing on something. The second sounds like what @Nex said idler pulley or a bad bering in the alternator.
I will quadruple check the wires again tomorrow and see if I can’t pull the belt to check the pulleys/alt. Thanks guys

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Android here so, what i hear on the First one sounds like a lifter on a pushrod motor.
Nothing on #2
Loose exhaust bolt at the collector behind the motor?
Checked for trash in the airbox?