Ticking noise heard inside cab!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcole620

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’m really stumped on this and could use some insight. I’ve owned my raptor since June 2022,
2012 Roush supercharged 58k miles

There was an exhaust leak at the joint underneath the passenger side, it was ticking from there but I had it repaired and that went away, which ultimately uncovered another noise.

I’m hearing a ticking noise once the truck warms up, I can really only hear it inside the cab and between 1200-1800 RPM and then it gets drowned out. If I try to listen for it under the hood I can’t hear the noise and everything sounds normal, even next to buildings or walls. I’ve used a stethoscope all around the engine etc. The only thing that is ticking that I hear is fuel rail/Injectors. It has 47# injectors installed currently. No loss of power or any sort of hesitations, truck runs/drives perfectly. It’s just very annoying and I usually either turn on music or crack a window so I don’t have to hear it
Has anyone else experienced this?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can’t hear it in the video. It’s not uncommon to have the exhaust manifold gaskets/fasteners fail on these engines when a supercharger is installed, I would focus on checking both sides first. You’ll hear the noise next to buildings/walls because it’s most prominent in the fender well with the engine under load (not revving in park/neutral).

OP
OP
J

jcole620

Reaction score
Can’t hear it in the video. It’s not uncommon to have the exhaust manifold gaskets/fasteners fail on these engines when a supercharger is installed, I would focus on checking both sides first. You’ll hear the noise next to buildings/walls because it’s most prominent in the fender well with the engine under load (not revving in park/neutral).
That’s what I thought at first but I don’t hear it next to buildings or walls, but that still could be the case, I’ll look into it

bbarr97

Reaction score
Its been a few months and curious if you found and corrected the problem? I am having the same issue.

OP
OP
J

jcole620

Reaction score
Its been a few months and curious if you found and corrected the problem? I am having the same issue.
No, trucks been running and driving fine, it seems to be wayyyy quieter when it’s hot outside, but it hasn’t affected anything, I’ve learned to just leave it be and drive it, I’ve gone on several 7-8 hour trips and no issues whatsoever

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try listening to the blower snout area with someone revving it like that.

The coupler on the supercharger can get worn out and make a noise- it's a plastic part inside the snout that couples the steel input shaft to the steel drive gears.

It's easy and cheap to replace, but you will want to pull the blower to properly replace it and get the snout sealed up correctly. Unless that blower has an o-ring for the snout, then you can probaly do it in the truck by removing the blower hold down bolts and lifting the front of the blower as needed for access.