Help Me Decide - SuperCab or SuperCrewCab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna guess the Screws outnumbers the Scabs 4 to 1 or higher

Less than 10% of gen2 Raptors are scabs although you're going to see a higher percentage on the forum since it more likely to be ordered by the offroad enthusiast type. Personally think lower resale (beyond the $3K msrp difference) and harder to sell are hogwash assuming it is 802a.

The screw has better rear doors and a bigger gas tank. Looks are subjective. Rear seat space and smaller tank are not issues to many people who would rather have a more maneuverable smaller truck.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SCAB is still a freaking huge truck. I like the Suicide doors but they are certainly tough to find with options when they are used. I wanted the 802a , tailgate step and tech for my 2017. Had to latch on to a member here who wanted to trade his in and make it worth our while. We both ended up happy. Just took a while.

I have two small kids. I like that I can unhook the left one and turn her loose and then go curbside to take both kids out.

Blockaderunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take my Screw any day. Better to have the room and not need it than needing the room and not having it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Vote is for SCAB..!! If you dont need the room,and really,most people dont need 36 gallons...if you do,then its got to be the SCREW...but I think the SCAB is way better looking,and way more easy to park,especially if your in a city area. Just be careful with the Suicide doors.. ;)
Bro- in a world of EVs, hybrids, 36mpg civics, my wife’s damn non-hybrid MDX gets 22mpg avg, a 3 row SUV- so let’s be real- having a 36 gallon tank in a vehicle that’s meant to take you to “off the grid” & gets 13-16mph....it’s only a legit benefit that you’ll appreciate on a regular basis. Don’t paint it any other way.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bro- in a world of EVs, hybrids, 36mpg civics, my wife’s damn non-hybrid MDX gets 22mpg avg, a 3 row SUV- so let’s be real- having a 36 gallon tank in a vehicle that’s meant to take you to “off the grid” & gets 13-16mph....it’s only a legit benefit that you’ll appreciate on a regular basis. Don’t paint it any other way.
Not really....not everybody's wants/needs are the same as yours.

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went supercab. Better performance, but the surprise was how good the turning radius was on such a wide vehicle
I have the OG Scab 2010 and was also impressed with the turning radius. I think the Gen 1 Scabs look better and the Gen2 Screws look best. I went with the Scab because it's a better truck off road and around town.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scab FTW.

I had a Gen1 scab, loved the looks and turning radius, the lock to lock was pretty tight for a big truck.

Just picked up a Gen2 Scab. Absolutely love it. I miss the v8 growl but the EcoBoost is growing on me.

As far as resale value, Raptors have high resale, you will get top dollar and it will sell, as long as you have the 802a. Seems the ones without the 802a don't sell well.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Love the look and feel of the scabs. Have always liked added rigidity of having a b-pillar though, and the screws also look amazing. Screws will be easier to sell, assuming you're not keeping it for 30 years until scabs become the true "classic".

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really....not everybody's wants/needs are the same as yours.

It’s not opinion- it’s fact. There is NO downside to a larger gas tank, especially on a vehicle that gets terrible (relatively) gas mileage.

Do tell, give me one negative having the same exact vehicle just w/ a larger tank presents?

You quoted my stance specifically as it pertains to tank size- not addressing the aesthetic preferences between scab/screw (cuz that’s all it is- besides length there ain’t one “advantage” to a smaller cab)- & funny bringing up “wants & needs” discussing purchasing a $70k off-road toy haha- nobody NEEDS a raptor anyhow lol, but regardless- there isn’t a single reason why you wouldn’t want a larger fuel tank in this vehicle.

OP thread title says it all- help him decide scab or screw. The ONLY thing I could possibly think of is a hard limit on the size of the vehicle you can purchase due to parking/storage & the screw being too large OR you frequently bring the thing into tight off-road situations & if we’re being honest it really isn’t the length that limits the raptor in most off-road situations, it’s the width.

rkwjunior

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not opinion- it’s fact. There is NO downside to a larger gas tank, especially on a vehicle that gets terrible (relatively) gas mileage.

Do tell, give me one negative having the same exact vehicle just w/ a larger tank presents?

You quoted my stance specifically as it pertains to tank size- not addressing the aesthetic preferences between scab/screw (cuz that’s all it is- besides length there ain’t one “advantage” to a smaller cab)- & funny bringing up “wants & needs” discussing purchasing a $70k off-road toy haha- nobody NEEDS a raptor anyhow lol, but regardless- there isn’t a single reason why you wouldn’t want a larger fuel tank in this vehicle.

OP thread title says it all- help him decide scab or screw. The ONLY thing I could possibly think of is a hard limit on the size of the vehicle you can purchase due to parking/storage & the screw being too large OR you frequently bring the thing into tight off-road situations & if we’re being honest it really isn’t the length that limits the raptor in most off-road situations, it’s the width.

The negative of a larger gas tank means a larger vehicle, as it pertains to the raptor, which is a matter of opinion and a matter of how and where the person commutes, so you cant separate the 2 from discussion. If the raptor offered the 26 and the 36 on both cab sizes then, yes, it would be dumb to get the small one. But they dont.
I dont care if the Screw had a 900 gallon gas tank, I dont want it. Cab size is still personal preference. Some need it, some dont.

And who the hell cares about gas mileage in a raptor? If you drive long distance to work daily, then the raptor isnt for you. If you insist on owning a raptor then refrain from bitching about gas. Besides, the scab still gets near 400 miles on one tank, which is pretty damn good for what it is. So you stop a little more often to fill up, big deal.
Most small cars dont get 400 miles to a tank, your just using more but stopping just as much, or less, depending how you look at it.
The gas isnt a deciding factor for me, its looks and maneuver ability, which the latter makes a huge difference if you live in a well populated areas.