Help Me Decide - SuperCab or SuperCrewCab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I owned the original 2010 SCAB and most of the issues have been mentioned on this thread. Rear doors hard to open while in the truck, less room for back seat passengers, and the smaller gas tank was a huge issue for me. I really liked the shorter look and I wanted a first year 6.2L, so I held onto for 8 years.

When it came time for the Gen 2, I opted for the SCREW for all of the reasons mentioned above. It is only my wife and I, but we love the extra room inside and the 36 gallon tank is fantastic all the time. I have never said, I wish I had a smaller tank! To offset the longer look, I did Geisers, Deaver +3s and 37s. The extra height and larger wheels really balanced it out, so I am totally fine with the SCREW look now.

Do what you want, but know you might have a harder time selling a SCAB when the time comes. I sold mine to the first person who looked at it for my asking price, but it had very low miles and a lot of Gen 1 appropriate mods.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only reason I could see this being a question is if you absolutely need a shorter length/wheelbase for either storage/parking purposes or your such a “hardcore” off-road guy that “every inch of clearance” matters- in which case I’d probably would’ve recommended starting w/ a smaller/lighter platform to begin w/ like Tacoma/ranger/Colorado/wrangler.

OR- in the case of many other 1/2 ton configurations - you automatically gained or lost bed length size corresponding to cab size, but not the case w/ the raptor.

Much bigger gas tank (really noticeable coming from a GM truck it’s a nice feature - also, if you are hardcore off-roader the benefit of larger tank should be obvious- more range & less cargo in bed if you can forego extra fuel can OR if ya do bring one ya just have that much extra range)

25% more/2000 lbs additional row rating- May Say to yourself, “I don’t care b/c I don’t tow anything” except a good chunk of raptor buyers now (like myself) use it as a “regular work truck” more often than a sport/off-road toy & as such the additional trailering capacity is SIGNIFICANT....& it will be @ resale time too esp private party, & the other benefits of the SCREW also add up to better resale, id wager the resale/value retention of screw vs scab is much greater than the initial cost of bumping up from scab to screw when new- ya follow?

If you like the pano roof ya can’t have it.

Lastly- the obvious thing being much more interior room for passengers AND just as important more usable secure covered cargo space. The wider doors/cab have made a difference for me already when it comes to countless bulky/awkward objects I was carrying but didn’t want in the bed exposed to elements and/or couldn’t close tonneau over them. Stuff that simply wouldn’t fit in a scab w/o the additional clearance.

So in a nutshell considering the delta in pricing all else being equal I see very few solid reasons to go w/ the smaller cab.

metalwhiz

Reaction score

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
36 gal is amazing. Had a rental for a month and was annoyed at how often I had to fill up even with better gas mileage. With a full tank rang has never been an issue. I always have fuel left when the boys need to make a fuel run.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scab looks funny to me, like the short bus ..
I'm an old fart so Screws look funny to me. For most of my life I was used to seeing trucks with beds longer than the cabs. So Screws always looked out of proportion to me with the bed and cab being about the same length. Now that half ton Screws have been around since about 2003 they are finally starting to look good to me. If I had more than one passenger on a regular basis I'd own a Screw but I only have a passenger in the back about once a year so I'll always own a Scab.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Vote is for SCAB..!! If you dont need the room,and really,most people dont need 36 gallons...if you do,then its got to be the SCREW...but I think the SCAB is way better looking,and way more easy to park,especially if your in a city area. Just be careful with the Suicide doors.. ;)

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Vote is for SCAB..!! If you dont need the room,and really,most people dont need 36 gallons...if you do,then its got to be the SCREW...but I think the SCAB is way better looking,and way more easy to park,especially if your in a city area. Just be careful with the Suicide doors.. ;)

If we follow the logic of not needing 36 gallons to the next level, most people on this forum do not “need” a Raptor at all! ;) But since we like to live high on the hog, we might as well have the oversized gas tank to fit our oversized trucks... :)

On long trips I like to make the decision when to stop, rather than my truck telling me because I am getting low on gas, yet again. So I do NEED IT. LOL

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If we follow the logic of not needing 36 gallons to the next level, most people on this forum do not “need” a Raptor at all! ;) But since we like to live high on the hog, we might as well have the oversized gas tank to fit our oversized trucks... :)

On long trips I like to make the decision when to stop, rather than my truck telling me because I am getting low on gas, yet again. So I do NEED IT. LOL
My bladder usually tells me I need to stop before my low fuel light does. :)