HELP!!! 1000 miles and i think my engine BLEW UP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the FSE is SOP for this type of thing. Also--they will not tell you when he will be there. In short, you will not be able to be present when he is doing his evaluation--been there done that....

Just a FYI one time my truck sat at the dealer for 10 days waiting for the FSE. Just be prepared for a potentially protracted process.

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if I would have bought a brand-new Ford knowing that the warranty is this **** poor!

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if I would have bought a brand-new Ford knowing that the warranty is this **** poor!

Ford is no different than any other OEM. People tend to watch the commercials and think WOW these are some great companies.. We will just have to wait and see what the FSE determines. Hope for a readily identifiable defect that caused this problem. What is frustrating to the owner in these cases is that the FSE may want to see a NDE which requires disassembly. Then the vehicle and parts sit until either the FSE makes another visit depending on what the findings are or makes a disposition based on the documentation of the tear down.

I had one vehicle that took 3 months total before they gave up (yes it was a Ford).

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

typester

Reaction score
Moving forward

as i'm in the works with FORD i'm obviously considering all my options, who should i talk to about putting in a new engine if i get a check from insurance? not sure i want the dealer to do it when i could probably put in a 6.6 liter with supercharger for the same cost? what do you think? preferably someone in Arizona, at the worst Las Vegas, So Cal, etc...

also, given the expense of a new engine, and the black mark now on my Carfax would it be better to just pay it myself and avoid the depreciation in value to the truck if i want to sell it in a few years.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put a 5.8 supercharged crate motor, I think they cost about $24000.00, when you sell it in a few years i'l buy it from you. :High 5:

BKwizzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great I was all pumped to 4x4 my rig but now I'm worried about going through puddles... I even got a extended warranty but that would do nothing in this situation expect more pain.

Should i trade my rig in for a Hyundai I hear there warranty is more legit and I wouldn't be tempted to 4x4 it going 80mph??

This thread is making me nervous about my purchase.

Modding is a option now for sure for me if warranty is to difficult to even claim on....

Good luck and please keep posting your progress.

2000 miles just hit today....! Yeeee
2013 White Screw

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most of us have been out doing some 4x4 fun. There is a limit in which you pass fun and become an idiot. When you pass that threshold and drive beyond common sense disaster is lurking behind every bush tree rut and large rock. The great part of being out wheeling is the thrill it brings to have fun. You push the lines of doable and pass on to beyond your own limits, then the limits of the vehicle, now you have bad things happen. A mans got to know his limitations. (dirty Harry).. You can have all the fun you can afford driving beyond your limits... I would stand behind Ford and say contact your insurance you drove it in to the lake, they can get you out. There not going to be to happy with you but come time to renew your insurance your premiums are going up... So you can pay now, or pay later, but eventually your going to pay...

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not a ford rep, but I do work in R&D for Cummins engine company. And i can tell you right now, they don't give handouts. If you drive the vehicle you purchased bone stock within reason and a part fails, they have no problems replacing the broken item(s). The second you modify anything, it becomes your job to prove that the mod you did, did not cause a failure. Recently there was a lawsuit over a warranty claim on an engine with a cracked block. We haven't put that specific engine into US trucks since early 2000's. We actually got an engine (same type customer had) installed the programmer, and installed it into a test cell to prove it created conditions beyond what the engine was capable of handling.

Seems crazy they'll spend 4 times more than the cost of your new engine to prove you broke it, but if they just go the cheap route and warranty you, they'll have to warranty all other claims just like yours and that could be ungodly expensive. I don't know if OP was driving dumb, had mods he isn't talking about, or if he is just super unlucky. But if there is anything they can confirm he did to cause the failure, most likely he's SOL. If they can't prove anything in his control caused it, he'll get it covered under warranty. They only cover the stuff they sell to you, used the way they tell you that you can use it. Nothing more. Curious to see how this all pans out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter