HELP!!! 1000 miles and i think my engine BLEW UP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You do sound like a **** in customer service. Why would the truck have all kinds of problems if Ford fixed it? For sure he is wondering and worring about what is going to be on Carfax, he is the owner and that will devalue his truck to some degree!

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am glad you got this worked out to an extent, but your really lucky that it went your way. Did you notice at the end of the video that it states to consult the owners manual? I deal in custormer service everyday and you are a nightmare customer. Not trying to be a **** here, but you don't seem to know that you are making these huge mistakes when making your complaint. You admitted the water fault and want Ford to fix what you admitting breaking because you saw a promo video? If your splashing water from puddles or ponds or rivers, over your windsheild or onto it, your in deeper than the six inches of water you claimed or going a lot faster then recommended or both. Now you hope to make some money back on the warrantied parts you hope to get back? Your lucky your getting this done at only a loss of 3600.00 out of pocket. Also your corncerned about what will show up on the Carfax report for the poor sucker you sell this truck to when you get rid of it?
Man up and take some responsibility.
Changed my mind, I am trying to be a **** here. Think how pissed the guy you sell this truck will be when I doubt you mention any of this problem to him/her and they start having all kinds of problems with it.

I do see your points and get it that we all need to accept responsibility for their actions...BUT nobody was there but the OP...If break down your post you are saying " OP broke his truck knew it and tried to slip one past Ford...the fact he is worried about the value of his truck makes him a selfish person"?

I guess "please don't try this at home" should have been in a larger font"

IMO opinion Ford can't have their cake and eat it too...this is an offroad truck designed to handle conditions most vehicles would not encounter much less go out and look for...I know it isn't a submarine, but again what is the cutoff? 6 inches at 35mph, well shit let me get my ruler out...

Customer service is just that...I think Ford is lucky, since I would have asked for a new truck...I think the fact FMC has floors of lawyers sitting around and can litigate for free, is the reason the OP settled, that and the fact he wanted his truck back...

Again, like you I am just guessing since I wasn't there...

What type of business are you in btw?

Fred

Lobzila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fred, I am a Outboard Boat Service writer/mechanic. My favorite claim is when people sink there boats in a drunken stupor and can't beleive we don't warranty submerged engines due to operator error. I have several 18K anchors I have sent to the salvage yard because of this.
We warranty just about anything and will work our ass off to get the factory to pony up for repairs cause it pays the Mechanics a lot better and the average boater cannot afford it. Plus it makes for a better customer relentionship to do this. But it has limits. I get people asking for new Outboards because a piston seized when they ran it out of two stroke oil and kept driving it all the time instead of paying for a tow. I just warranty the power head and replace that and the factory rarely bats an eye at that, but I have never heard of complete product replacement for a blown motor. When people yell and scream at me (happens rarely), I just politely offer to let them take there motor elsewhere for repair. If I can get it fixed under warranty, I will. But if I can't, I will do it as cheap as possible if its the clients dime.

This guy made all kinds of mistakes in his claim which tie up the writers hands.
1. He first claimed he was driving it 40 mph though the water.
2. He claimed he saw a video of other people doing it.
3. He wants the warrantied parts back to resell.
4. He is more concerned what carfax will show.
He should of said nothing other than it broke and I beleive its under warranty, please fix it.

But, I was not there and only the orginal poster knows what really happened. There are two sides to every story and we are only hearing one of them.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving through a puddle is different than dropping your engine in the river. The OP was honest and that played against him. We don't know the whole story but for the benefit of the doubt I will take his word for it and not call him a liar like some seem to be doing.

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fred, I am a Outboard Boat Service writer/mechanic. My favorite claim is when people sink there boats in a drunken stupor and can't beleive we don't warranty submerged engines due to operator error. I have several 18K anchors I have sent to the salvage yard because of this.
We warranty just about anything and will work our ass off to get the factory to pony up for repairs cause it pays the Mechanics a lot better and the average boater cannot afford it. Plus it makes for a better customer relentionship to do this. But it has limits. I get people asking for new Outboards because a piston seized when they ran it out of two stroke oil and kept driving it all the time instead of paying for a tow. I just warranty the power head and replace that and the factory rarely bats an eye at that, but I have never heard of complete product replacement for a blown motor. When people yell and scream at me (happens rarely), I just politely offer to let them take there motor elsewhere for repair. If I can get it fixed under warranty, I will. But if I can't, I will do it as cheap as possible if its the clients dime.

This guy made all kinds of mistakes in his claim which tie up the writers hands.
He should of said nothing other than it broke and I beleive its under warranty, please fix it.

But, I was not there and only the orginal poster knows what really happened. There are two sides to every story and we are only hearing one of them.

The OP is very fortunate and there are always two sides to a story. Ford did step up quite a bit more than I would have....

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the information...hopefully the OP will chime in with an update.

Fred

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Driving through a puddle is different than dropping your engine in the river. The OP was honest and that played against him. We don't know the whole story but for the benefit of the doubt I will take his word for it and not call him a liar like some seem to be doing.
Were you there? Did you see this "puddle"? How deep was it? How did you measure? What speed does "driving through it" equal?

And don't put words in my mouth. I did not (and no one else here has) call him a "liar". I believe he is truthful in the sense that he is telling it as he sees it. However I do not believe how he sees it is how it went down. Not based on the available info.

In other words, jump back Hero.