HELP!!! 1000 miles and i think my engine BLEW UP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

typester

Reaction score
1st round of bad news today.

San Tan Ford called me today to tell me I was done, write us a check for 10k and we'll give u a new engine but there is no chance of it being warrantied...
Ford flat out said that they will not send a field service engineer to look at a hydrolocked engine.
I asked why not, because its not covered...john says...
Did you tell them I was going under 30mph in less than 6in of water like the Manuel states I can? I asked
No, cause it doesn't matter...its not covered! Did u show them their own how to videos? Well, I mentioned in the email that you did what was in the videos...
I really want to punch this guy in the face right about now...anyway, I'm not giving up. I don't know what to do next but I didn't do anything this truck wasn't designed to do, I know most of you want to think I was bogged down in three feet of water or driving 80mph through 10inches but I wasn't, and this could be the first of many, or I could just have terrible luck.

The only thing so far that I have noticed off on my truck is the panel under the fender is missing a screw so it allowed water to get past it, not sure if that was the cause but you may all want to secure your fender with something stronger than a plastic screw before offroading in even a reasonable amount of mud and water.

Any ideas on a where to go next with ford? Anyone have a good contact who I can call to at least get a fair shake? I'm convinced this was not my fault after my research and I think if I can find someone e honest ford to look into it they will take care of me.

Also if anyone knows a shop in Arizona to replace the motor, there is no way in hell that San tan ford is getting my business. There willingness concluded at an email. The refuse to help me contact anyone further or escalate my complaint, that to me is bad business. Ford so far has not made my bad list because I understand they have protocols but we'll see what their next protocol is after I find the right person to speak with.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First...I that sucks...

Secondly, get everything from the dealer in writing...tell the folks that you want their reasons for denial in writing...

And yes I would suggest. You speak with an Attorney next...

Oh is this a coverage under your auto insurance?

Just curious as to if that might have had anything to do with Fords denial....

just remember you are on Ford's turf now and you are at a huge disadvantage...

That is all I have....good luck,

Fred

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To the OP----sorry but I said this would be the case and your recourse is limited to retaining Counsel at this point. Unfortunately, you will be out of pocket (assuming a Attorney will even take this) a very large sum of money because YOU will have to prove Ford was negligent and quite frankly this is not going to happen. Counsel will be requiring all monies up front as hours are incurred sorry to tell you this but these are the facts.

People don’t throw rocks at me for telling the OP the way that it is---better to just take the truck somewhere and put a new motor maybe upgrade it. Ford is not at fault here and I can assure you they will use every resource available to fight this. To “Lawyer Up” as we say here is not a smart thing to do because it is throwing good money after bad unless of course you can find a defect that allowed this. Your Counsel will tell you that if you tell the story you did here Ford will throw up more empirical evidence to show that this is not possible than you can possibly imagine.

If you insurance will not cover this then just put the monies you would waste pursuing legal remedies and get a new motor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

typester

Reaction score
sort of Good news today.

Ford finally acknowledged that this is not JUST another for vehicle, its a SVT RAPTOR. turns out there is an SVT WARRANTY TEAM! i'm not optimistic the results will be different but if they actually inspect the vehicle and see that there are no signs of deep water intrusion, maybe i might have a shot! cross your finger for me!!

at least my persistence prevailed in stating over and over and over that this is a RAPTOR!! IT'S MEANT TO GO THROUGH WATER!

thanks for all the info guys!

p.s. Livernois is an option but there crate motor is like 20K and thats not even installed, and probably doesn't include all the other components to make it efficient, what other options do i have if this is an out of pocket thing?

also does anyone know if i file a claim with insurance will it show up on my carfax report as anything negative like flood damage or anything or maybe just a claim of some sort?

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that there is a svt warranty team! Keeping fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

cbx001

Reaction score
Trucker

Better Business Bureau?

Look at it and have them show you why they don't want to pay if you really believe it's not your fault.

If they prove it to you that it's your fault, Man Up and pay. Either that or take it to your insurance co. The only way they won't pay if it was done racing. Take a look at what some do on the net. One guy jumped a Raptor and blew all the bags, ended up in the ambulance and really hurt the truck.

I hope no one took pictures of what you did if it shows more than a puddle. If it's on U-Tube - Your toast! Get out your wallet.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
San Tan Ford called me today to tell me I was done, write us a check for 10k and we'll give u a new engine but there is no chance of it being warrantied...
Ford flat out said that they will not send a field service engineer to look at a hydrolocked engine.
I asked why not, because its not covered...john says...
Did you tell them I was going under 30mph in less than 6in of water like the Manuel states I can? I asked
No, cause it doesn't matter...its not covered! Did u show them their own how to videos? Well, I mentioned in the email that you did what was in the videos...
I really want to punch this guy in the face right about now...anyway, I'm not giving up. I don't know what to do next but I didn't do anything this truck wasn't designed to do, I know most of you want to think I was bogged down in three feet of water or driving 80mph through 10inches but I wasn't, and this could be the first of many, or I could just have terrible luck.

The only thing so far that I have noticed off on my truck is the panel under the fender is missing a screw so it allowed water to get past it, not sure if that was the cause but you may all want to secure your fender with something stronger than a plastic screw before offroading in even a reasonable amount of mud and water.

Any ideas on a where to go next with ford? Anyone have a good contact who I can call to at least get a fair shake? I'm convinced this was not my fault after my research and I think if I can find someone e honest ford to look into it they will take care of me.

Also if anyone knows a shop in Arizona to replace the motor, there is no way in hell that San tan ford is getting my business. There willingness concluded at an email. The refuse to help me contact anyone further or escalate my complaint, that to me is bad business. Ford so far has not made my bad list because I understand they have protocols but we'll see what their next protocol is after I find the right person to speak with.

San Tan Ford. Doesn't surprise me. Stopped by there last month. Huge dealer that obviously doesn't care about one measly customer. Never did care for these mega dealers.