Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys , the dealer just did mine under the satisfaction program they sent out on my 23 raptor .

Now , they had issues and said they don’t know how to fix it waiting on reply from ford .

They change clock spring and hvac controls .

Heated steering wheel works but the heated and cooled seats do not . The defrost does not , and the dual zone does not work and is blank on the top right of the screen . Very frustrating .

Iv since checked the codes in forscan and everything is programmed per this thread. Iv reloaded the as builts and reset sccm and hvac . Reprogrammed codes and resets again.

I can’t get it to work at all . There saying they need to wait on ford but surely this is a programming issue? Any input would be great . Thanks
Was your Raptor heated wheel taken care of with the September 15, 2023 bulletin (attached)? I read earlier in this thread that most people thought this was for Lightning owners only?

Attachments

• 22G06-Dealer-Bulletin-Heated-Wheel-F150.pdf
    192.5 KB · Views: 30

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forget about this DTC. It is caused due to the fact that the new HVAC module (digital) is a different module number. When your truck validates all the modules this one does not register correctly and gives the DTC code for not programmed. Your dealer would have to send a ticket to ford asking them to change the original part assigned to your truck to this module. They do this when a particular part is no longer available. Since the original HVAC control part that came with your truck is still available, there is a good/big chance, Ford will decline to make this change to your VIN and As Built. If yours is like mine and functions 100% correctly, I would not worry about this DTC at all. NOTE, I also have FDRS, and tried to program the module while linked directly to Ford system and it will not program/update without what I mentioned above.
It's probably been covered, but after 43 pages of reading I forgot...

I realize on my '23 truck that If I select Part # ML3Z-19980-K with the digital knobs, i'll get a long term DTC due to the missmatching module (thanks for the explanation above!). My question is, if I select the NL3Z-19980-S without the digital readout, will I get the same long-term DTC?

Thanks!

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably been covered, but after 43 pages of reading I forgot...

I realize on my '23 truck that If I select Part # ML3Z-19980-K with the digital knobs, i'll get a long term DTC due to the missmatching module (thanks for the explanation above!). My question is, if I select the NL3Z-19980-S without the digital readout, will I get the same long-term DTC?

Thanks!
you will not get a DTC with that part (NL3Z-19980-S).
no issues whatsoever.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My snow blower has heated grips. Pick up a couple of those and tape them on the wheel where you usually hold it. Should be under 50 bucks.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was your Raptor heated wheel taken care of with the September 15, 2023 bulletin (attached)? I read earlier in this thread that most people thought this was for Lightning owners only?
@madcoil is in Canada… in canada they are fixing them all, in the us they only said they would fix the lightning

backfist

Reaction score
Anyone looking for the HVAC module with the digital display? I ended up installing the non-digital version and have one sitting here. SOLD and shipped.
XRiTiJvm.jpg MODS: Please delete if not allowed.

Last edited: