Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin Rojas

Reaction score
Anyone have any guidance on how to turn on my heated steering on Forscan? I’ve enabled it in the software but I cannot get the climate buttons to show on the screen.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had Galpin Auto Spots do mine on Wednesday. 5 hour drive o/w from my home.
$1200.00 and I Supplied the control panel with the Temps in the knobs, I bought off of Ebay.

They installed everything pretty fast, but then ran into problems with the programming. They determined that the clock spring Part #ML3Z-3F791-BB did not work. They couldn't get it to program.
They found a different one at another dealer,
Part #ML3Z-3F791-HB
He installed that one and everything worked.

Here are his notes

Attachments

• 20240124_194708.jpg
    20240124_194708.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 21

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is criminal. Seriously.

There is absolutely no scenario where it should cost anything remotely close to that. 10% of that would be fair. I have done the job twice and could VERY easily do it in 45 minutes. That is shocking.
It was a bit of sticker shock. But I knew it going into it.

Both of my Ford dealers were kinda useless.

I'm just glad it done and I have worm hands again, LOL

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just feel bad seeing a price like that knowing exactly what is involved doing the install.

I get it though, you can't really put a price on the warm hands! Happy you are up an running