Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My R was a 12/5 build date and came with the HSW.

All i want to do is swap the Climate controls to the ones with digital read outs. Can anyone confirm if mine will be a direct plug & play or will i need additional Forscan changes to get the digital reads to display properly??
Will need the for scan done.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mm

any one have the forscan changes that need to be made?

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called Ford Customer Service a few days ago to learn more. Effectively they couldn't tell me who is getting the retrofit, or why. What the representative did share, is that if we pay to have the dealer retrofit done and Fford later ads our VIN to the approved list, they would reimburse me for retrofit.

I'm going to talk to my local dealer this week and get an appointment scheduled.
My dealership said even if I wanted to pay for it, it cant be added. I was like ummmmmmmmm, You sure about that?

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership said even if I wanted to pay for it, it cant be added. I was like ummmmmmmmm, You sure about that?
Ouch. But I expect that to be honest. I know 1 dealership in my area for sure wouldn't.... I think the other will. I did talk to the dealer I bought the truck from (4 hours away) and they said they could do it. It seems to be if the dealership values your business or not! ;)