Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think of the people not getting the massaging seats and a $300 credit. It would cost a lot more to add that too.

Andrews

Reaction score
If confirmed to work on 23s this looks like the type of thing someone should bundle into an easy to order kit…

A couple thoughts,
-Will be nice if someone would tear apart their 23 wheel to see if the heating element is even missing? Could be even less parts?
-if one chooses to replace the hvac panel could the hvac panel with the numbers on dials be an Option?
-is the software control button just enabling something that already exists in the ui for trucks with the heated wheel or is it something buried that is not exposed without forescan?
I just took the airbag off my 23 Raptor (Heated steering wheel removed/ No hard button) and from what I can see I believe I have the heating element and correct clockspring??? Video attached if that is correct how can I verify that and the harness? could this just be a simple Forscan mod for me?

Attachments

• IMG_0786 (3).mov
    11.1 MB

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took the airbag off my 23 Raptor (Heated steering wheel removed/ No hard button) and from what I can see I believe I have the heating element and correct clockspring??? Video attached if that is correct how can I verify that and the harness? could this just be a simple Forscan mod for me?
So I am new to knowing if that looks right (only dug in since this delete was announced and popped onto my order/sticker) but that looks right from what I know. I believe 23s already have the unreal theme built in so might just be a bit of forescan to enable the soft button as you suggest.

What was your blend and build date?

Honestly this would be absurd if you got all the right hardware minus the button and ford could have just enabled in software for you.

EDIT: Also this should be a flag to all of us waiting for or just gotten 23s who want to retro this to hold off on buying parts until we know exactly what is really missing from our particular truck... recently a platinum owner on that other f150 forum said they had the heated wheel but missing heat capable clockspring. so this could be hit or miss all over the place.

Last edited:

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Having a that 4-wire orange connector harness on that lower plug is a great sign of possibly not needing a new SCCM/clockspring ( and thus being an easier swap). Next Q , is there the WPT harness off rear of the SCCM?

Regardless, this enough confirmation for me to finally tear it apart ;) I have (2) different SCCM/Clockspring assy's on hand, and a couple WPT plugs if needed.

Andrews

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. Having a that 4-wire orange connector harness on that lower plug is a great sign of possibly not needing a new SCCM/clockspring ( and thus being an easier swap). Next Q , is there the WPT harness off rear of the SCCM?

Regardless, this enough confirmation for me to finally tear it apart ;) I have (2) different SCCM/Clockspring assy's on hand, and a couple WPT plugs if needed.
Here is a picture off the back of the SCCM looks like I have the WPT harnesses? Or is that the back of the ClockSpring not sure. Can you verify that?
I’m wondering if I just enable it properly through FORScan it will work… tired earlier I turned on steering wheel heat in the SCCM 724-01-01. but I couldn’t get the HVAC module 733-01-02 changed to steering wheel heat. It kept failing to preform service action. Not sure what the deal is. With unreal mode on my display the steering wheel heat button is greyed out… no luck

I’m sure I have to be missing something.

Also the build date was 11/22 don’t have the window sticker to see the blend date unfortunately.

Attachments

• C06C2CAD-40D3-40D0-B4B3-6B03B6B91C0B.jpeg
    C06C2CAD-40D3-40D0-B4B3-6B03B6B91C0B.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Andrews

Reaction score
Picture was taken through the hole in the bottom cover of the steering assembly.

OP
OP
enjoitheride

enjoitheride

Reaction score
This is getting interesting. What is the “Unreal” everyone is referencing? Sorry, I’m new to this also.

Andrews

Reaction score
This is getting interesting. What is the “Unreal” everyone is referencing? Sorry, I’m new to this also.
From what I can tell after putting it on my display it looks like the Lightning display. Has the HVAC controls permanently on the bottom of the screen much different UI setup than the normal f150 or superduty.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture off the back of the SCCM looks like I have the WPT harnesses? Or is that the back of the ClockSpring not sure. Can you verify that?
I’m wondering if I just enable it properly through FORScan it will work… tired earlier I turned on steering wheel heat in the SCCM 724-01-01. but I couldn’t get the HVAC module 733-01-02 changed to steering wheel heat. It kept failing to preform service action. Not sure what the deal is. With unreal mode on my display the steering wheel heat button is greyed out… no luck

I’m sure I have to be missing something.

Also the build date was 11/22 don’t have the window sticker to see the blend date unfortunately.
I’ve read that you have to change the apim setting with ForScan from F-150 to superduty to get the steering on the screen, but that may have been before the update. Pull off the trim on the passenger side floor that covers the BCM. Check slot 15 on the lower harness for a wire going into it.
Also, disconnect that orange plug going into the clock spring and see if there are metal pins inside of it or if it’s empty inside.

Last edited: