Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can retrofit the steering wheel with heat. You need the clock spring, two pigtail wires to power the heater, the steering wheel, and ForScan. You can swap the hvac controls, but it’s not necessary. I have a few heated steering wheels with code orange or black stitching if you’re looking for one. Here’s what people with F-150’s are using. You can get the controls here: https://www.fairwayfordparts.net/oem-parts/ford-control-ml3z19980k
If confirmed to work on 23s this looks like the type of thing someone should bundle into an easy to order kit…

A couple thoughts,
-Will be nice if someone would tear apart their 23 wheel to see if the heating element is even missing? Could be even less parts?
-if one chooses to replace the hvac panel could the hvac panel with the numbers on dials be an Option?
-is the software control button just enabling something that already exists in the ui for trucks with the heated wheel or is it something buried that is not exposed without forescan?

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If confirmed to work on 23s this looks like the type of thing someone should bundle into an easy to order kit…

A couple thoughts,
-Will be nice if someone would tear apart their 23 wheel to see if the heating element is even missing? Could be even less parts?
-if one chooses to replace the hvac panel could the hvac panel with the numbers on dials be an Option?
-is the software control button just enabling something that already exists in the ui for trucks with the heated wheel or is it something buried that is not exposed without forescan?
Someone posted that they removed the airbag on an 2023 model and the heating element is not there.

Another person purchased that hvac set from Tasca recently and received the digital readout version for $103.

Boosted Grey Goose sells a kit for the wiring and clock spring, but they’re out of stock.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone posted that they removed the airbag on an 2023 model and the heating element is not there.

Another person purchased that hvac set from Tasca recently and received the digital readout version for $103.

Boosted Grey Goose sells a kit for the wiring and clock spring, but they’re out of stock.
Thanks for the quick summary Barry. Between trying to learn how to use ForScan (new ford owner here) and Figure out the heated steering wheel issue, I'm days into reading forums! A quick summary sure saves a lot of time! :)

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick summary Barry. Between trying to learn how to use ForScan (new ford owner here) and Figure out the heated steering wheel issue, I'm days into reading forums! A quick summary sure saves a lot of time! :)
No problem. I have a bunch of steering wheels so I get questions all of the time.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this thread with great interest, if someone gets this done soon I might make it a week 1 activity

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am following this just because. I have a 21' with everything before any deletions, except the optional auto start/stop delete. basically no vested interested.

With all the parts that seem to be needed $140 deduction off the sticker is an insult.

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following this thread with great interest, if someone gets this done soon I might make it a week 1 activity
There’s a very long thread on another forum that people add comments to daily. I’d post the link, but I’m not sure if that’s allowed.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering doing the retrofit, but I'm gonna wait until it's been done by someone here so I know exactly what I'm in for. Not too excited about spending the money for it, (principle), or tearing into a brand new truck.