Heated Wheel Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. Heated wheel SCCM sticks. Not every time, but occasionally

For left only

Last edited:

Jmeo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also installed a new SCCM for HSW and mine sometimes sticks, but when making a left turn, not right. It does not do it often and I feel it's been getting better with more use.

WisestIowan

Reaction score
Bad news fellas.

My brand-new SCCM (put in to activate the heated wheel) also sticks to the right. It’s livable, but noticable. My original one did not at all. So I am guessing there’s a bad batch going around. I can live with mine, doesn’t sound quite as bad as some of yours. Oh and it’s only hard to turn off about 1/4 signals. The others are normal (easy).
Mine is livable also and only sticks maybe 30%-40% of the time. It seems to be getting better over time maybe

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that have done the SCCM swap, do you need a steering wheel puller? And how do you remove the horn/airbag assembly?

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those that have done the SCCM swap, do you need a steering wheel puller? And how do you remove the horn/airbag assembly?
No puller needed. Turn the wheel to the 3 o'clock position and there is a hole in the back. Stick a small flathead screwdriver in and there's a spring-loaded tab. Then turn the wheel to the 9 o'clock position and same thing. Then it should come right out.

T50 torx to remove the wheel.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this video is a from a FRF member. Start at 5:15

He changed a part from his old SCCM to the new one, mine came with the part he swapped so I skipped that part. I think it was the tilt/telescope feature that he didn't have on his new part.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing to buy is the Torx Plus bit (you can find it on Amazon). As long as you have basic tools (plastic pry tools, a 7mm socket, small flathead screwdrivers) you will have everything.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My heated wheel turned itself on today when I remote started it. Strange

I installed the SCCM a few weeks ago, enabled it in Forscan, but did not add the soft button or HVAC mod.

Weird

IMG_3905.jpeg

exclsiv

Reaction score
My blinker has been sticking in the right position, so I ordered the parts to do the heated wheel un-delete instead of sending it to the dealer for it to sit for 3 months and get it back with more issues than it went there with.
I have this same issue.