Hearing rumblings of ADMs disappearing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe it's not if but when the dealers come down or eliminate ADM. Market is definitely going to soften and I dont see interest rates going down anytime soon. If you can wait I would wait - It's only going to benefit you

I don't think that's necessarily true. With Ford raising prices, today's ADM price is tomorrow's MSRP. And I don't think Ford is anywhere near having the ability to produce more vehicles then they can sell at MSRP or above. When they do get there, I think they'll just slow production, rather than go back to the model of overproducing and selling at a discount. They don't have to do that now since consumers have grown accustom to overpaying through the last few years.

Yes, interest rates and such are going to slow demand, but I don't think waiting is necessarily the best strategy. You're better off putting in the time to find the dealers that have an allocation and aren't looking to max profits on individual deals. And those deals could be out there at any time.

Or, just stick to the used market.

OP
OP
Y

YFZero

Reaction score
Yeah I am planning on waiting for sure. Gotta offload this Corvette first. Anyone wanna buy a Corvette? :p

WEV

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I called the local Ford dealer yesterday to ask about placing an order for a ‘23 (just a 35 with a few options).

I was told they do not know their allocation yet; maybe in a few months. They wanted $5k deposit, refundable. I asked how this benefits me, tying up my money for 5 months (his #) for uncertainty. He replied I’d be close to the front of the line for any ‘23 allocation.

Asked about ADM; was quoted $10k.

I declined and told him I’d rather shop around. My ‘19 only has 17k miles…. Maybe I’ll just wait ‘til ‘24….

PRod

Reaction score
ADM will stay in big markets, because people are still paying them. They wont go away until the demand stops in that area. However higher interest rates does hurt the smaller markets, back to the supply and demand comment. So thats where you will see ADM subside, unless out of state buyers drive up that market.

RVF Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a one or two posts mentioning that some ADMs are being dropped from vehicles on lots, can anyone corroborate this? Curious if the market is finally starting to soften up a bit.
Hey there YFZero. I used to be an internet sales manager in the auto industry. This Raptor market is wild!

I’ve called or emailed over 40 dealerships in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Oregon and my now home state of California. Every salesman or sales manager starts at 30 K ADM for the most part. I’ve received seven offers at 10 K over, one offer at 5K over (no allocation available yet) and one at 9K. All of these but one are for orders. If anyone wants an Agate Black 35, loaded
with safe it’s available in late November in Nor Cal and I’m sure they’d honor the same 10k I got. PM me.

Honestly I’m not sure if I should hold out for less then 10 k or just suck it up and order it tomorrow for 10k over. I’ve got a few dealerships ready to order for me. I’m hoping to get it delivered in Aug / Sept 2023.

What do you all think?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
When we got our last truck a few weeks ago, the owner told me that Ford CEO told dealers that about 1/2 of dealers wouldn't even be getting Raptors next year. It would seem ADM's are here to stay for Raptors in the short term. Too many asses for only a few seats.

Mac4

Reaction score
Hey there YFZero. I used to be an internet sales manager in the auto industry. This Raptor market is wild!

I’ve called or emailed over 40 dealerships in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Oregon and my now home state of California. Every salesman or sales manager starts at 30 K ADM for the most part. I’ve received seven offers at 10 K over, one offer at 5K over (no allocation available yet) and one at 9K. All of these but one are for orders. If anyone wants an Agate Black 35, loaded
with safe it’s available in late November in Nor Cal and I’m sure they’d honor the same 10k I got. PM me.

Honestly I’m not sure if I should hold out for less then 10 k or just suck it up and order it tomorrow for 10k over. I’ve got a few dealerships ready to order for me. I’m hoping to get it delivered in Aug / Sept 2023.

What do you all think?
I’m in NorCal too and am having to go to CO to pickup my 23 raptor. Phil Long dealership honored msrp. Placed the order about 2 weeks ago. Got everything in writing and the salesperson was awesome to work with. PM me and I can give you his info if your interested. Sold my Tesla on Monday for $30k more than I paid for it in 2020 and bought a 2018 raptor to hold me over until my 23 is ready for pickup. MSRP orders can be had. Don’t give in to greedy dealerships! Hold the line!