2019 Magical disappearing coolant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thunder Piggy

Reaction score
Alright guys, I need to vent and to make sure I’m not missing something. I’ve read through many posts on coolant leaks but some remain unanswered from couple years to months ago.

I’m losing coolant somewhere from my 2019 ingot silver fun machine. No puddles, no visible leaks, had it to the dealership and nothing found. They added dye and requested I return after I’ve noticed coolant level decrease…..in hopes that the dye will direct them to the this magical coolant disappearing trick. I’ve seen mention from a couple of people saying they have had similar issues but unless I’m missing what it was, they haven’t said the fix.

Ive seen it mentioned a water pump fixed the issue but , Would a water pump fail and really show no fluid leakage?

Check the turbo lines.. no evidence there.

Even asked service advisor to have the tech check the valley.

On occasion I can smell coolant wafting up from engine Bay Area….i think….

I’m all ears….and eyes, with any suggestions/tips.

Thanks from Thunder piggy

Busted my first post cherry with a problem instead of an introduction.

I’ll work on the intro next

OP
OP
T

Thunder Piggy

Reaction score
The oil looks clean. Not milky or off color any. Losing approximately 1/8 inch-ish from reservoir after driving 25-30 miles. Haven’t measured exactly, but it’s noticeable after a drive.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A small leak into the engine wont be noticeable by looking at oil and might be burning away.

Does it burn any oil?

OP
OP
T

Thunder Piggy

Reaction score
I’ve owned it a week. Havent noticed any change in oil level and haven’t seen any smoke from exhaust. Dipstick doesn’t show any discoloration that would concern me, but I’ll take a look at it again tomorrow.

OP
OP
T

Thunder Piggy

Reaction score
I’ll take a look. System pressure checks good hot and cold. Which coolant lines don’t have pressure? In 2019 Hotlap talked about a Coolant recovery line? Need a little direction on which one this is.

OP
OP
T

Thunder Piggy

Reaction score
I had hoped they would pull the plugs on my first visit. Borescope the cylinders and see if any of them are clean. I’ve scheduled another appointment for Monday of next week. Fingers crossed they can see a dye trail from the leak. If not, have them start digging around. Pull plugs, look at water pump, turbos…etc.. sure would be nice for this to be an easy fix….but that idea seems to be slipping away.