Coolant question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorWings

Reaction score
Hi there..

I have a 2017 Ford F150 Raptor with about 102k. Bought it with 87k. Cam phasers were already replaced about 4k miles ago. Had the truck at duval Ford in Jacksonville about 2 weeks ago because of a tuning issue, it was shifting really bad from 1-3 but after they did a factory reflash for tcm and pcm. That was fixed. They topped off my fluids but unfortunately looks like they forgot to tighten down the coolant cap which caused my coolant to spill out. No over temp warning. However it wasnt until a day later when I figured it was the cap because it was starting to spill again while driving home on the highway(it was night time so it was pretty cool climate). Also got a temp warning. Also noticed the o-ring on the reservoir cap was just chilling inside the reservoir. So long story short, after it cooled down i freaked out because of the coolant loss and sprayed water into the reservoir. I bought new coolant to do a flush and refill. Read online it isnt good to put water in a 50/50 coolant. So question is, should do the flush asap or can it wait?

sc85fiero

Reaction score
Where can I get it? Also is there a reason why it has to be 50/50 mix?
You can get it at any Ford dealer, parts store, even Walmart sells coolant though I would recommend the Motorcraft brand as that is what came in the truck originally. The mixture is to maintain the correct boil, corrosion and freeze protection and cooling efficiency. As FT1 stated do NOT use tap water, distilled water should be mixed with concentrated coolant if mixing it yourself.

-Joe