Coolant Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineratron

Reaction score
Got out the truck earlier and could smell coolant… it’s sprayed up for front behind the fan, across the RHS chassis leg, up the thermostat hose and intake pipe, as well as pooling at the front/centre of the motor and dripping onto the ground.

After and initial panic of seeing it around the top of Bank 1 and fearing head gasket, I think it may be the water pump. Sump guard clip
is bust so can’t get it off to get a proper look, I will later though. It’s probably blown about a litre from the marks on the expansion bottle, then stopped once it’s warmed up (I think).

Roush Stage 2 (2014, 168k km) with the added plate on the front to make things a little more awkward… need to take the metal bumper off for it’s annual test, so will get everything out the way and have a better look.

If you have experienced similar please let me know. Water pump kit available locally.
IMG_4721.jpeg

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
Radiator - pissing out above 12-15psi and holding at 8psi, supposed to be 20psi. Going to do the cylinder head test since I have the kit now anyway.

IMG_4728.jpeg

OP
OP
Mineratron

Mineratron

Reaction score
There is that… but the opening to the car port is right onto the street and out in the sun. Better than when I did the plugs, coils and interior/exterior detailing back in August… was lows of 30’s to highs of near 50’C with high humidity and UV. Was brutal. Weather improving by the day now though…
IMG_4744.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter