Coolant resovoir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from cam phaser, water pump and thermostat repair. Before i dropped the truck off my reservoir level was above minimum when engine is cold but now it’s below minimum. Should i add some? If so which coolant do you guys recommend. IMG_9505.jpeg

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If water freezes in the winter where you live - don't add water. Add a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water. That will ensure you don't have any problems temps go below freezing.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If water freezes in the winter where you live - don't add water. Add a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water. That will ensure you don't have any problems temps go below freezing.
nah i am in AZ so don't need to worry about freezing.
Any particular reason not to buy the antifreeze coolant jug from autozone vs mixing my own?

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah i am in AZ so don't need to worry about freezing.
Any particular reason not to buy the antifreeze coolant jug from autozone vs mixing my own?
I always feel like the premixed **** is a rip-off when I can by concentrate for around the same price and mix it myself to get 2 gallons for the price of 1 (but that's just me).