Having trouble starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up and running........that's great! Good to hear that they took care of it. :banana:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love stories like this. I'm at the country's biggest Magnum/Charger/Challenger/300 meet right now, and sharing this sort of stuff about Ford's customer service us raising more than a few eyebrows. No way in hell Dodge would honor the warranty like Ford is.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love stories like this. I'm at the country's biggest Magnum/Charger/Challenger/300 meet right now, and sharing this sort of stuff about Ford's customer service us raising more than a few eyebrows. No way in hell Dodge would honor the warranty like Ford is.

Toyota either. I know several people that had warranty claims denied by Toyota on their FJ Cruisers because "the failure could have been caused by off road use".

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Once again Ford comes through. And it's not just FoMoCo - it's their dealer network too.

We're the beneficiaries of having a great company's vehicle and service behind us as owners. They're doing the things that great companies do (and companies like Toyota and Dodge can only dream about).

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bet the starter was fine and it was the solenoid...

Ford does not service the solenoid seperately, it is replaced as a unit. My guess is that the intrusion of the mud/water mixture from the "failed mud bogging" made its way into the brushes and armature which is all the more reason to praise FoMoCo for the outstanding customer service. If you advertise a vehicle to be used a certain way, then you damn well better back it up and that is just what they did. A lot of manufactures would have tried to wiggle their way out of that one, glad to know FORD is putting their money where their mouth is! :banana::banana::banana:

osvet707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No start on cold mornings

I had an issue with my 2010 6.2 not turning over on cold mornings but would start after a few minutes of cursing and stomping. Dealer replaced the key sensor and security module and handed it back but got stranded one morning at the coffee shop with same problem. This time the dealer kept it until the Ford Hot-line told them to replace the instrument cluster and now all is well.